1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Maybe later in the season, but the bike is new so I don't think so in the first round. I would be happy if proven wrong as I would like to see a Duc win, but just not seeing it.

2. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Mark gets a shirt for that call. Damn, all I got is XL. Thanks for the optimism!

Pitmom42 and TLR67 like this.
  3. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

That would be a good battle, but Mesa is running Stk 1000 and PJ is in Supersport.

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

SBK - #1/Toni Sunglasses split
    SST - Mesa
    SS - New Yawka
    Twins - Dumahhhh (Barnie on the box though)
    Jr Cup - Jigalov

5. Elias doubles
    PJ / Fong
    Mesa
    Parrish
    Blackman

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I"ll be there, turn 10a on the inside of the track. Gotta leave early saturday for previous plans but will be there sunday with my daughter and a friend of hers. Pirelli EZUP. :moon:

wish list:
    SBK: JD
    SS: Fong
    Stock 1k: Paris
    Jr Cup: Jigalov
    Twins: Ricky Bobby and Barney duking it out all race. or Draik

Reality:
    SBK: Elias
    Stock 1k: ?? no idea. Lee (always nice to see a gun company sponsor a rider)
    Jr Cup: Jigalov
    Twins: Parrish, Draik, Barney, Hill???

Shenanigans and r6boater like this.
  7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

SBK: Elias
    STock1k: Lee
    Twins: tight battle with Parrish, Dumas, Turner and Tigert. My prediction is a close one for Tigert.
    Jr Cup: coin flip between 6 kids, who knows.

8. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

So everyone seems to think Fong is going to win over P.J. and Hayden? He is fast but I do not think he can beat those two. Hell he might even lose to his team mate.

9. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

or everyone will cross the line after his team mate...

10. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Herrin
    Mesa
    PJ
    Barney or Tigert
    Blackmon

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

And if it’s wet you may not see a Yamaha in the top 10. And that’s coming from a huge draik fan. Too much talent on SVs (and one duc) and the only indication I’ve seen that the fz can corner with an SV was Robby Bobby at barber last year. Jason was next best on one and he couldn’t get near Chris on any track that didn’t have a huge straight (granted I think Chris is also a far better rider).

I’d love to see a Parrish/Beauchamp 1,2 (they’re my homies) but I don’t know how competitive I think the yamaha will be and Tigert is a beast. Also think Dumas is a contender and Barney is the dark horse on the unknown of the duc. Obviously Chris is hella fast and this is one of his home tracks. I predict Tigert, Parrish, Dumas, turner on the podium between both days but no idea what order.

Herron/Elias split.
    Hayden/PJ split
    Mesa (didn’t know he was running MA til I saw someone else predict his win).
    No clue in jr. cup

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  12. redtailracing

Anyone know what time twins qualifying will be? Looks like it won’t be streamed online but the MA website schedule only shows practice and qualifying all day Friday. No specific times for each class. And will there be live timing like there was last year?

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Gagne and the Bavarian missile to be trouble for the factory 4 and on the box.
    I'm hoping the Duc works well for KW.
    JD should be fast and Matt should be there too.
    Fun times ahead.

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  16. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Why has not one person mentioned Cameron B ?? No idea how to spell his last name. I’m thinking he will take the win. Herrin will come out super strong then fade back into the top 3 or so.

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

turbulence likes this.
  18. redtailracing

I wish. But my wife is due on Monday and i probably shouldn’t be 4 hours away if she happens to go into labor a day or two early.

She actually told me to go ahead because she figured I could probably make it back in time. I’m thinking I’d better not. Lol

Do you know if there will be live timing for qualifying?

t11ravis likes this.
  19. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

SBK: Cam-Elias
    SS: Gilly-Fong.
    STK1000: Wyman in dry. Ward in wet
    Twins: Shawn or Daniel Adams
    Jr Cup: Gauge Rees or Rocco Landers

20. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Didn’t know that, congrats man! I agree, I wouldn’t recommend you come down this weekend.

Here is the live timing link:
    http://timing.motoamerica.com/

I thought I remembered ma live saying they were filming all sessions as well but who knows.