1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack on 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Mar 29, 2019.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That is the problem with these supposed "common sense" regulations. People are all hot and bothered, get something banned and then when the ban does not get the desired results they refuse to believe that their idea was stupid and inevitably place blame on not banning more stuff. And the cycle just keeps repeating. See the London knife ban for what happens when gun control does not work.

jrsamples likes this.
  2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

This final rule clarifies that bump- stock-type devices are machineguns that are subject to the NFA and GCA. The provisions of those statutes addressing machineguns are designed to increase public safety by, among other things, limiting legal access to them. Consistent with the NFA and GCA, therefore, a desired outcome of this final rule is increased public safety.

I am understanding you can still have a full auto license per NFA/GCA, is this incorrect?

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

DKS isn't hurting at all. Profits keep rolling in.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/dks/financials

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Their current performance has nothing to do with their policy changes towards arms sales. Taking this directly from the article you posted. Many companies would love to have their profits. Nice try though.

"The back story. Even with Tuesday’s decline, Dick’s shares have still climbed nearly 10% since the start of 2019 (though the shares are still off just under 1% in the trailing 12-month period). Athletic and ‘athleisure’ apparel have been a bright spot in retail, but Dick’s—like so many bricks-and-mortar peers—has struggled in recent years to fend off online competition. Upbeat results from rivals such as Foot Locker (FL) show the category overall is still healthy—that puts even more pressure on companies like Dick’s to show they’re still on top of their game."

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I read the article. Losing 150M in revenue because you're a mealy-mouthed social justice warrior cuck would go a long way at reducing that loss of business to online apparel slingers. You know, since online sales of firearms is kinda a pain in the dick...no pun intended

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Several brick and mortar retailers especially clothing retailers are closing shop. They all cite on-line sources driving them to close. It's a trend sure to continue.

Still, DKS has plenty of cash and assets. They aren't hurting. A loss of $150M revenue is peanuts across $8.44B in total revenue.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So if the apparel is a declining revenue source, why the sweet loving fuck would further reducing your revenue sources strike you as a wise business decision?

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Those are your words, not mine. The policy change decreased revenue by 1.7%. They are still making very good money overall Reality is the policy change has had very little effect on their bottom line.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s their margin on the lost revenue.

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bump stocks are a joke and don’t work. Ban away. The Vegas shooter in no way ever used a bump stock. Period.
    The Trumps are not anti gun. Don Jr is literally on silencercos website and has helped push more money into the NFA branch to bring tax stamp times down because I’ve received 3 new stamps in the last week and all took 11 months. Ridiculous.

17. Quicktoy

You can only own fully auto weapons manufactured as a full auto before 1986 and had a stamp put on it. Bump stocks were ALL made after 1986.

jksoft and Britt like this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification.

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Quicktoy

No problem. Same reason there are no Glock 18s or FN P90s or many other guns on the machine gun registry. They were all manufactured after 86 so couldn’t be put on the registry.
    One of my employees had a bump stock (yes we ridiculed him) but we are thinking about taking the stock and manufacture it as a machine gun and registering it with ATF just as a joke.

Britt likes this.
  20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member