1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack on 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Mar 29, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Bumpstocks are stoopid. Only the douche bag types ever seem to use them. Not remotely accurate and a waste of ammo.

Once again Trump outplayed the liberal whacko gun grabbers by sacrificing something stoopid and making them think they achieved some sort of gun control victory.

Not that hard to achieve the same level of firing rate with better accuracy or so I’ve read. I don’t have any direct experience.

cav115 likes this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Holy Heysus man. Surely you can see the satire and sarcasm in my original post. Y'all went to town on me in the Mueller thread and that's OK by me. Didn't bother me and slept just fine that night. I didn't resort to name calling, etc in that thread and I've been called an idiot in this thread and did not stoop down to that level and throw names back. Just like I said impeachment was stupid to go after in the Mueller thread, I'm not going after bump stocks in this thread. I'm just amused how it was a HUGE issue when 44 POTUS and now that 45 is POTUS and he is he one actually imposing a federal ban it's pretty darn quiet overall.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: I called him out in another thread but he didn’t respond. Not that I’m stalking him or anything. LOL.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

There you go again with the needing attention thing. :D

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think the industry is in on this kind of thing. They know bumpstocks are stupid and only morons buy them, so they won't be missed. They also know that paranoia increases demand, so they can charge more and still sell way more guns. They'll waaaa waaaa waaaa about rights being infringed while at the same time cranking up the prices and ordering more inventory. Remember the "Trump Slump"? Everyone thought HRC would get elected so they stocked up on AR's and the like and cranked the prices up. Then Trump won and the bottom fell out. There was a period there were you could be new off-brand AR's for less than $500. The gun brokers have been looking for ways to increase demand ever since.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

One-time Republican donor. Loss of 1.7% income. He started the business and grew it to where it is today. It's his choice to do with it how he pleases. That's Capitalism. He stands behind his decision still today and says it was worth it. Hmmm, kinda sounds like free thinking. Just like you have the freedom to shop where you please to.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He gave up a little of that freedom when he went public.

cav115 likes this.
  9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I wonder how much controlling stock he owns versus other board members? The board must still back him because they have had plenty of time to oust him if they didn't.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...don't care. Never shopped there much before. Still don't. IMHO, I think business owners should stay away from making political statements with their business.

cav115 likes this.
  11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

From the article the school shooting hit home to the CEO because the shotgun was purchased at Dicks. Then a second school shooting was prevented and the firearm recovered also was bought at Dicks. He then made the decision. If it makes him sleep better at night than again, his call to make. Politics may have been a factor but probably not the only factor. He knew he would lose sales. If he was just about the money, he wouldn't have made a policy change.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

It was SOLELY to please the "feel good" crowd for doing something.....OMG, ANYTHING!!!! Hope they keep tanking!

R Acree, jrsamples and Britt like this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

They sell knives too and motherfuckers are stabbing people every day...
    From what I can find, Stack receives almost $10 million in total compensation, owns 20% of the stock and has a net worth of $1.2 Billion.
    He is virtue signalling and costing shareholders money. I would suspect that most shareholders lives will be impacted far more than Mr. Stack's by the lower share prices.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

I just now saw this thread...can we get through one without calling each other nasty names, etc.? Okay, not, I presume...so let's see, I can purchase a fully auto weapon, and an effective silencer, as long as I pay the fees/taxes, submit the proper paperwork, and pass the background check. I am correct on this, right? Maybe one of those MAC 9's or MAC 11's like I had back in the 1980's, a nifty piece indeed with the Sionics silencer (especially the briefcase you could take to a 'business meeting' hahaha)...so should my right to do so be infringed upon? Isn't my legally purchased fully auto weapon a dangerous instrument? Not the Mac 9 so much, you say, okay then I want me one of those WWII M2 Browning .50 cal, that'll light anything up big time! While the bump stock is kinda stupid and will burn up a lot of ammo real quick, why the acquiescence to the ban? What's next on the list of 'bans', and from which political faction will it come from?

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

If you can own the fully auto weapon, you can also own the bumpstock; so where is the ban?

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Not sure I understand your post, but you raise an interesting point, intended or not: are citizens going to be able to go through the same procedure (for a fully auto weapon) to purchase a bump-stock.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Are they going to ban belt loops too?

Retardedness sucks.

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yes, the ruling just basically change the definition of a bumpstock to be a machinegun.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Actually No you can not possess one..according to the ATF

"The bump-stock-type devices covered by this final rule were not in existence prior to the effective date of the statute, and therefore will be prohibited when this rule becomes effective. Consequently, under the final rule, current possessors of these devices will be required to destroy the devices or abandon them at an ATF office prior to the effective date of the rule."

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uh, no. He has a fiduciary duty to the shareholders. He may have started the business, but he's not the owner.