1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Tournament | 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 21, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Zion...

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I dont really follow it, but I'm guessing the majority of peoples brackets got busted when Minnesota just beat Louisville.

Shenanigans and BigBird like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

me neither, but do a bracket usually, at least a BS one online, and I chose Minnesota #pitino

I just really want to see how Zion does and if he can either blow off another show or win the championship

4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Since I work at Duke, I occasionally see some of the athletes walking around. Saw Zion Williamson a few weeks back, and he’s unbelievably big and muscular. Looks like a linebacker or tight end. Amazing that he’s as quick as he is and still that damned big.

Shenanigans and BigBird like this.
  5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

As long as the Cheatin' TarBabies get knocked out, I'll be satisfied.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

People said the same about Shaq when he was at LSU and his early years at Orlando (he hit the league at 7'1" 294 lbs., and was touching 370 at his heaviest).

He slowed down and ballooned pretty quick once he hit LA, but then again his offseason habits sucked.

Zion's already 6'7" 285 lbs., and years of pushing that mass around takes it's toll, especially on the back and lower body. He's going to have to remain VERY regimented or he will risk a lot of the explosiveness that makes him such a varied threat. Once Shaq got fat, he was pretty much a low-post monster and literally nothing else.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

said the same thing about LeBron too as he got bigger, but still one of the fastest players I've ever seen on the court

NemesisR6 likes this.
  9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The way close games end is just turrable.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I typed something up about LeBron and deleted. My comment about Zion having to be regimented replaced it.

LeBron spends millions on recovery/nutrition/training/rehab. If Zion can maintain that level of focus I could see him keeping that ferocity well into his NBA career.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

:stupid: flat out can't watch when there is a type of foul called "intentional" with stiffer penalties, yet it's expected everyone will just go hug the guy with the ball repeatedly at the end of the game and we'll pretend it was a steal attempt or something.

I want basketball with on the fly subs and one timeout per game hockey style :D

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

12 seed Murray St handing it to 5th seed Marquette

Sent from my smatrfone

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

2 of the top 3 on the NBA draft, 3 of the top 6. Barring injury Duke will be hard to beat. Then again, anything can happen. It’s March Madness!!!
    Who you got? Duke or the field?

14. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

You can always count on a 12 beating a 5. Every year. I don’t know why but it’s a fact.

BigBird likes this.
  15. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I think once Zion is in the pros they’ll want him to lose some weight to keep those knees working longer but we’ll see

BigBird likes this.
  16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Every year! It's basketball law.

He will get on a serious strength and conditioning program once he goes pro. Not that it ever gets enforced that strictly, but practice hours restrictions limit a lot of ability for the teams to really get them on a workout program. And for the one and done's, they really just have a couple months before the season starts and don't get to train that hard in-season. I would expect he's even more of a physical specimen by his second or third season. Unless he goes to NY, where all basketball players careers go to die.

busa99 likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I hope he doesn't go to NY, but it'll be setup for him to go there. Then I have to hear about it from annoying Knicks fans for the summer.

Sent from my smatrfone

busa99 likes this.
  18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I pray he doesn't go there. Sadly, the league would probably prefer it. Also praying he doesn't end up in LA. I think Dallas would be the most entertaining team in the league if he ends up there though.

19. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

He’s going to NY. I’m not a big conspiracy theorist but the league wants to help the Knicks. Exactly like they wanted to help Cleveland after lebron’s “decision” to leave the 1st go round. Coincidence that Cleveland got the number one pick 3 of the next 4 years? That’s some real wining the lottery right there.

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

unfortunately they couldn't draft anything worth a lick with a few of them...Anthony Bennett :confused:

busa99 likes this.