1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's why I made the mass shooter analogy. You can't just take a few seconds and make a judgement, otherwise you're very likely to be wrong.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but they're rarely even close to right nor do they know the fancier terms :D

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why did you say the same thing twice? But since you did, see post 7121 :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure you can. And the mass shooter analogy doesn't work as you go into that knowing the shooter is the bad guy. We don't know at all in this case so no one is talking about who is right or wrong outside of that one small bit of the whole.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because you don't listen the first time...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, not sure anyone doesn't understand them - but you keep bringing them up in a conversation where they have no point or use....

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Doesn't mean they don't base their actions on their (mis)understanding of it. I firmly believe the guy in the car thought he could creep past that cop and the cop wouldn't shoot him because he wasn't being violent (this is the basis for my argument that he didn't need to be shot - he had no intent to do harm). I also believe that they guy in this video was acting the way he was because he wasn't armed, and "you can't shoot an unarmed man".

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet one more time - it does not matter one bit what stupidity you want to use as an excuse for these dummies. The guy in the car was wrong on all sorts of levels including trying to run over a cop with his gun out. As for intent - you have got to stop this mind reading, it's not real :D

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They have a use. Two uses actually.

The first is to present a similar argument, work through it, get the opponent to contradict their previous argument, then bring it back around to how it applies to the original, and call them out on their contradiction to discredit their position.

The second was in how this shooting related to police shootings and how police and government they represent infringe upon the rights of normal people. As was discussed in the Asset Forfeiture thread and the DWI on Drugs thread, police DO NOT have your best interests in mind, and will do pretty much whatever you allow them to do in order to get a conviction. They'll lie to you, mislead you, pressure you, take your stuff, etc, etc, etc, and even if you're innocent, it'll take you a ton of time and money to prove it. I have a real beef with this and how we, as citizens, have allowed it to happen. "Innocent until proven guilty" has mostly fallen by the wayside, and it's terrifying. The reason I was so agitated by you and the other's support of the Little Rock shooting is that there were clearly questions, yet all of you not only refused to question/secondguess the cop, but you ridiculed me for daring to do so. Killing somebody is the ultimate infringement on their rights, so I believe every single shooting should be reviewed and picked completely apart to learn from it and do everything possible to prevent it from happening in the future.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That doesn't mean we shouldn't question it. Even stupid people have rights.

You are completely missing the point here. I've said several times, I don't care about the individual person in this shooting, I care about what he represents. He might have been trying to run over the cop, he might not have been. The problem is, there was a question. The officer could have EASILY responded differently and not killed this guy, but he chose to shoot. You support that decision, and I feel that if there is ever an opportunity to even make a decision, that decision should always go towards life. The only time a police officer should shoot a person is if he has absolutely no other option - can't move, can't wait them out, can't use a less lethal weapon, etc. The more leeway you give the police to kill people, the more they're going to take.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I told you last week how to prevent it - get people to be smart enough not to run over or run at those with a gun pointed at them...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is nothing to question. Not remotely. You can see exactly why these idiots are dead.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And you're exercising it. :Poke:

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

FTFY

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's a smart ass cop-out. There's no way to make the general public smarter, and even if there was, we do not have any control over them to enforce it. There IS a way to make the police smarter, and we, as citizens, can demand the changes be made so they they improve.

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Some people might say that’s exactly what happened but just not the life you have chosen to value. The gray area could end up with either person dead. The cop may have made a decision to go towards life, his own.

FWIW I don’t have an opinion bc I don’t really care about the cop or the societal dreg.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sure there is. You have to kill off the stupid ones at a fast enough rate that only the smarter ones are still around.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Alright, so now we get to go from FTP to Eugenics. Good times!!!

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

See this is where your particular stupid gets you. Eugenics is about manipulating genetics. I just said keep killing off the stupid. I didn't say shit about only letting the select few breed and reproduce.