1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RRR roll call

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Tristan, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

2 months out... who's in and what class?

Buckeye Racing will back on "Pinky" (unless I get around to painting her) in LW

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

We're in!

AMA229 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll be there locked in the tower.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I'm thinking about it - is it worth dragging a computer and a monitor to put up for a scoring feed in tech or do enough people have access through their phones/laptops/tablets that I shouldn't bother?

5. Tristan

I'd say don't bother

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm kind of leaning that way. I just was thinking about the old days while there last weekend. I used to run a clothesline to the old pit out stand from the start stand on pulleys and had a piece of pvc with caps taped to it to run results across :D Now I could set up a wifi printer over there but no real need with the live timing. That then led to thinking about a screen.

7. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

CRT will be there to begin their LWT title defense..

No Brakes likes this.
  8. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Wheelie Bad Racing, we may change the name to Team Sputters, after Mark spent the first 45min of our first endurance attempt on a bike that was intermittently running on one cylinder. I'll try to make sure that does not happen again.

9. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Chasing Shade Racing will be there and the plan is to do all of them this year. Half century birthday gift to myself.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No job so no racing.... Hopefully things will change soon...

11. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

3 rookies entering this year... look for 3 dudes on a 675r with no idea what they got themselves into! They will have cold beer tho..

12. Tristan

well, 6 teams so far.... better than a couple years ago

13. wheelz96

Out of curiosity, what are decent pit stop times? Fuel and rear wheel change to be exact. Is using a large funnel the best bet if you don't have a quick fill tank?

14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

"Decent" is relative to your equipment setup and crew. A large funnel with the biggest neck possible that still fits in the tank is going to be your best friend.

wheelz96 likes this.
  15. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

If you don't have quick change/ fill equipment, focus on getting the job done correct; not fast. Putting the rear wheel back on smoothly is a lot easier than faster.

16. wheelz96

Understood. We will not be fast at any of the pit stops (or on track). We will however ensure the work was done correctly and the rider will be safe. Just wondering how fast you guys are at this... Are riders aloud to work on bike during pit stop? Not rider pitting but another rider competing. We are limited with help want to understand rules best as possible.

17. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any restrictions on which crew members could work on the bike, but the rider coming off the bike or the rider going on might not be too helpful. Stay focused and have fun. You'll be fine.

wheelz96 likes this.
  18. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

And running ULW (R3) and MW (GSX-R 600) - two bikes neither of us have raced before - should be interesting at the very least...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a total number of crew allowed to actually touch the bike during a stop and the number is 4. The person holding the fire bottle for fueling doe not count - that person cannot do anything else during fueling but hold the fire bottle. No holding the bike or a rag or anything else. On that note, stay a little ways back from the bike and point at the general are of the engine, a fire will not happen at the gas cap area. Back to the 4 crew members, crew members in the amount of 4.... The riders getting off and on the bike don't count unless they touch anything during the pit stop, once they do they are one of the 4. Or they become five and depending on the severity you'll be brought back on to pit lane for a conversation about too many people working on the bike, if it's bad it'll be an entire Monty Python sketch...

As for how fast with just 4 people.... 20 seconds for both wheels and fuel is pretty good :D

Phl218 likes this.
  20. wheelz96

Thanks Mongo that is helpful. Unfortunately we wont have any issue with two many people helping lol.

20 seconds for two wheels and fuel... *sigh* at least we will get lots of seat time!