1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes always that way in the past

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wait I meant the millennial IKEA riding dudes need to show up.

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Lighten up Francis. They need to do a better job.

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

every year i think about doing the 200, i think of being THAT guy that's the first lapped and looks like i'm going in slow motion

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I watched the first third of the race from T4 and it was crazy to see how much faster the top guys were compared to the back markers. Those guys were so aggressive with their passes, I would've shit myself if there was a pack of 9-10 guys passing me all at once in T4 and 5! lol

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok Greg - you gotta admit, that's was funny.:crackup:

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Should have gone back to the lap before the red flag... watching it again, the lap when they got red flag, Kelly was in front of Fong. Lap before, Fong in front. Kelly passed Fong at NASCAR 2 to get on the lead lap...on the running lap when they received the red flag. But that would have only changed the restart order / position. The first picture below is the lap before the red flag. The second picture below is a couple minutes later... The riders are signaling that they are rolling off because of the red flag (seen at the right). Yeah, lap before, Kelly is a lap down. The result was certainly affected because there is no way that Kelly could have made up that lap on the restart. Restart was a four lap event. Restart based upon the positions AT the red flag with four laps remaining. Not the lap before. I guess someone made a special ruling? If Kelly was a lap down on the lap they should have gone back to for the restart then he would not have been able to finish 2nd. The best he could have done was 6th or 7th even if he crossed the line in 2nd on track. They did some special ruling shit for Kelly his lap back by going with the lap the red flag came out. Whatever... it's done and over with now. Just sucks that all pit stops were basically tossed in the garbage. Both the good and bad ones. Kelly's was horrible. We had Paasch back out lickety split. But that's Daytona... all hell can break loose in a split second and CCS/ASRA rules are always up for interpretation.

upload_2019-3-20_11-11-33.png

upload_2019-3-20_11-12-43.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    drop likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, which wouldn't be in synch with the fanschoice video if they're watching that and I'm not sure how far behind their feed was from reality through race-monitor or the like either. Lots of variables and no clue which ones they were dealing with.

9. grasshopper

At the track, on pit lane the feed was behind over a minute. We were using Daytona free WIFI to get internet

10. grasshopper

Hey @hayes131 where's the guy with the fire bottle? LOL Nice riding man.

upload_2019-3-20_11-37-29.png

11. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

I know you saw him, cause you guys were there, but for all the ones reading this and wondering. He is right where he should be 8-10ft away w the pin pulled and aiming the nozzle at the bike. Front left of bike just out of the screenshot, just to the left of Melissa. All you guys w extinguishers standing next to the bike pointing it at the gas tank are too close for you to be effective for two reasons
    1) If you are that close you will be engulfed in the fire and run away, therefore being of no use. Stand back and when it happens you will squeeze lever and push forward, not run away.
    2) Dry chem breaks up the chain reaction, it does not smother nor cool the fire. You want a large cloud of chem to engulf the flame....standing next to the tank will shoot the dry chem past the bike and onto the onlookers.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

But seriously, what do you know?

:crackup:

TurboBlew and Britt like this.
  13. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

I just pleasure myself watching backdraft everyday.....doesn't everyone???

TurboBlew and Ducti89 like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't seen it in forever sorry, I'll try to do better :D

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

At first I was going to disagree with you, but, I think you're right.
    "Riders will be given credit for the laps completed as they cross the finish line in the lap preceding the lap in which the red flag has been displayed".
    That would have been 53 laps completed and, you're right, Kelly was not the 1st one across the line.
    They did run 4 more laps for a total of 57, so, anything that happened after they crossed the stripe to complete lap 53 before the red wouldn't matter, so, Kelly should have been a lap down.
    I think they got the restart right, too. When they crossed the line to complete lap 53, Fong was in the lead and that's how they lined up - 53 - 21 - 33 - 4- 99 - 311.
    If they were going to put Kelly on the lead lap, that happened after they completed lap 54 which would have meant that it would have been a 3 lap restart, but, it was 4.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been actively ignoring that whole end of things since Saturday :D

17. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

I love that about the 200, Refueling and changing tires under a green flag is more intense then I would have ever tought it could be. The littlest thing can mess every thing up. (like one of the bolts coming loose on your rear stand so it does not line up with the swing arm spools)

Johnny B likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Good to know I'll have my guy stand back next time

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's better than most but a little more back would be good.

Love the uniforms :D

mike574 likes this.