1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Admissions Scandal

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Why does it seem that a bribe to get into a school is worse than lying on an application to get added benefits on top of the acceptance?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Lying typically involves just the applicant. Bribes tend to indict the system.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hater :Poke:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What the hell is that? :confused:

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

They are South Africans that speak French. I don’t know if they’re South Africans that identify as French or what that story is. But, there are ~35 of them and the company is hiring more of them. Like many immigrants, they go where they’re accepted and my employer is definitely doing that.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's strange. If you ever get a chance to ask a couple of them about it, I'd be curious to hear about it. I did not know that they had much of a French-speaking community down there. It's all former British (or Portuguese) colonies in that part of Africa.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

update: I heard on some podcast that she was on the boat with the daughter. That should be even easier to explain away. It's not much of a shock that they would run in the same circles at school.

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huguenots_in_South_Africa

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Or Dutch, as the case may be.

10. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting, thanks. But the 17th century is a long time ago. I'm surprised they still speak or consider themselves French.

Any reason that particular community within South Africa gets hired by your employer?
    Right. I was thinking mostly of countries surrounding South Africa itself.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Tell that to the Canadians.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a whole province. Anywhere else, that could be a whole country.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then I probably shouldn't bring up the Cajuns.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I actually started a sentence about them in that last post but got interrupted by a phone call, so I deleted and hit reply.

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Inclusion and diversity, is the claim. However, the real reason is they need more warm bodies than the area can provide. In the area, many have already worked there or refuse to work there.

HPPT likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

crashman likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ha Ha..."victim schools"....Oh those poor money grabbers, my heart bleeds for them. :rolleyes:

crashman and Fonda Dix like this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At least Dr. Dre had the foresight to donate a building.

crashman and Banditracer like this.