1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Admissions Scandal

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evidently not really since she had to shell out an extra half mill :D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They overpaid.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

School under charged...

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Speaking of farm land value. Not sure how it compares to lake front property in North central Iowa. LOL
    AD8E2CF6-C22B-43DE-B49E-B9F0D365E4D9.jpeg
    BF5CEAF6-2F84-4ABC-BBE4-5E96BD04B574.jpeg

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Come to think of it, it wasn’t too far after I graduated from ISU that they dedicated the new annex of the Student Union the Aurther G. Cloyd Annex. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Two questions: is that a relative of yours, and is that how he spells his first name?

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Oh lord, not the Joe Montana.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Her mommy paid to get her in, but it was up to her to "pay" to stay?

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

$500,000,000,000.00

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, I was thinking more along the lines of family friends, stuff like that. High-profile kid enrolls in the school, parents meet board member at some school function and become friends, etc.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

OH THE IRONY!!

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

If college were as hard to graduate from as it was to get in parents probably wouldn't have gone this far for their kids.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep I was reading something from Leno about how this was text book white privilege, my opinion of him plummeted. Bribery can be any color if you have the green. Then there is the racist set asides. The privilege of middle class whitey is to pay more and get less. Goops I forgot all of the push to give women an advantage in tech which was one of the last bastions of smartest wins regardless of pigment or genitalia, well not anymore.

16. sheepofblue

Funny how you think it is horrible some rich person got an advantage while you have no issue with someone else getting an advantage based on race. Imagine the out rage if it was a white guy getting an advantage today.

If someone thinks you need a special advantage because of your pigmentation or gender they are discriminators. The sad reality is many are fine with that racism or sexism as long as it is against a white male. Apparently you included.

ducnut likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Funny you pretend to know what I think...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

18. sheepofblue

Juat basing it on how you think this is a issue on color it would seem from what I quoted. This effects anyone that is on the edge of getting in, I make no judgement on what 'grouping' those people are in. Further when universities like the university of michigan (they have gone to court multiple times) base admission on race or gender the same thing happens. Again a person that earned it got bumped.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Go on. Please. :crackup:

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You’re 100% correct. There are countless organizations that are race-based, yet, I don’t recall ever seeing a white-honky-caucasion anything. Even my own employer has differing standards, based on race. I’m a white American and am required to be fluent in English. Yet, we have a whole bunch of Latinos, French-South Africans, and other minorities that don’t have to meet the same standard. They’ve hired “liaisons or coaches” to interpret and assist those people in their occupational activities. And, they receive the same pay and benefit package, even though they don’t meet the requirements to even be employed there. WTF?