1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another please help me question

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Mar 16, 2019.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I posted a thread about my shock exchange,it went well got it mounted up ok.
    While mounting my back tire,and adjusting my chain the bike fell off the jack stands.
    I was soo pissed,but luckily no damage,as the front stand helped reduce the impact against the wall.

I got it all put back together this am around 2 am after work.Quietly :) rode it around the parking lot in my apartments to see how the rear shock felt on my hiney.

Problem... My front brake went to the bar? I never touched the front? It pumps up,but loses pressure immediately.You can continue to pump the lever up,but it goes limp quick.
    I'm not finding any leaks,but obviously the tip over damaged something? WTF?
    Am I cursed? Should I sacrafice a chicken? :(

2. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

That should help. My guess is the master is shot.
    Time for a rebuild or upgrade.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Did the lever brake or bend? Maybe the MC/lever adjuster bolt isn't making thorough contact now from something being out of whack from the tip over. Otherwise bleed the brakes.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

bent rotor pushing piston back in caliper.

5. ToofPic

Levers have the guards,so not that. Im thinking rotor damage,but gotta remove them to check.
    Why do I have such shit luck!!? :(

I also filed for divorce this week,so go figure.My life blows..My bike was the only thing that makes me proud,and I can't even do normal work on it w/o screwing something up.
    o_O

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

This.

Put it on the stands, pump up the brakes and turn the wheel a revolution or two and check the lever again. That’ll tell you if it’s the rotors.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

What kinda bike?

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Did you do the Suzuki Master recall?

9. ToofPic

No :(

10. ToofPic

Sorry.. 2015 suzuki gsxr 1k
    I was trying to get it ready for Roebling,then back to street after marriage shit happened

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Don’t know what year your is but do a thread search... I took mine to Mountain Motorsports when Matt Burdette was working there years ago and did the swap for a new one no questions asked... call their service dept and ask.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Bent rotor

ToofPic likes this.
  13. ToofPic

Yep
    Fkn $A!!! $
    Anyone got one laying around they wanna sale before I go to ebay?

14. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Straighten it.

It won’t be perfect but I’ve done it in a pinch.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I had some but I sold them when I sold the bike way back.

I bent a rotor on my last dirtbike off a simple limb laying in the trail. First downhill I had no brakes. Could pump up sitting still the moving first pull no brakes. Front rotor bent. New one fixed it pronto. Lucky for you the bike you have is very common. Parts are out there.

ToofPic likes this.
  16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Rotors are easy to straighten, at least when it's the carrier and not the actual steel part. Find the high (or low) spot, and lightly tap the carrier at the button at the high spot. Keep working the bad spot until it's straight. Rarely (in my experience) is a bent rotor bent at the steel part, unless it took a gigantic whack and dented the braking surface. Or the rotor "coned" due to heat.

Just tap the high spot until it's level. Order a replacement, but until the new one gets to you the "repaired" rotor will be fine.

ToofPic and BrianC636 like this.