1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Cost savings with the general, simply add bigger engines to an existing airframe. And yet again that word training enters the equation. With one of the flight crew of the Ethopian Air crash with questionable flight hours/experience to be in his position, I ask again, what would equate "adequate training"?

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Which is what the investors love to hear who are buying BA on the dip.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

It usually takes about 2 years for a meaningful report from the NTSB.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just wish I had the money to buy Boeing stock.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Think there's validity to these?......apparently they're aware there's been a problem (and pilots have said as much) since last year.

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Can't say I'm not jealous. He and I never clicked personally. More power to him and I hope he does good things with what he's worked very hard to earn.

Photo likes this.
  7. Anybody who bought Airbus stock in January is very, very happy right now.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The whole anonymous and secret and info from super secret squirrel web boards makes me think no. I really don't think the FAA gives a shit when it comes to safety, they'll shut down anything at any time.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Time to change over to Boeing :D

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

And the ironic thing is, I have a few friends of mine that STILL have a bad taste in their mouths about flying on Airbus aircraft due to some of their sketchy issues from the past, some mentioned here about problems with the pilots and the sidesticks and resulting crashes.

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Boeing was $294 on Christmas Eve. Currently at $373.67 down from $440.62 on March 1.

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I believe it's more often due to noise abatement procedures than anything else.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Noise is one of the reasons... Others are crossing restrictions on the SID, or thrust used for takeoff.

HPPT likes this.
  16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Doesn’t he own a risk management company?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't surprise me. He is working that crash of his to the nth degree (btw I do feel more power to him).

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He earned the right to remind us of how awesome he is every time he wishes. :D