1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not so much beating a dead horse, and having the same conversation in different stages with like five different people, and several of them can't separate the hypothetical and big picture concepts from the particular incident. I feel like I'm explaining calculus to kindergartners while simultaneously herding cats.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure how the dogs would handle a chopper and was thinking from hotel to track. With the party down on River St this weekend I'm pretty sure they have flight restrictions for the good hotels :D

Overall though yeah, chopper in big ballin all the way.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one was in the back seat. That would be a different scenario and I would hope the cop would react differently. However it's tough to say what he'd do when someone is actively trying to run him down like this guy did.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are not we in this discussion. You have been and will be in others, but you are out on this limb by your lonesome.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think you meant to say, "when someone isn't listening to me and tries to escape, so I shoot them from a position of safety (I still don't know why you keep insisting that he was going to be run over) then step in front of the car like a dumbass and shoot them some more when their lifeless foot slides off the brake and the car idles forward".

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Good catch. I'm not too keen on the cock rubbing thing. I fixed it:

Noooooooooo, I am saying that we learn by reviewing our actions, pointing out mistakes, and figuring out how it could have been done better. If YOU ALL high five this guy and rub YOUR cocks together instead of critically reviewing him, it cements the precedent of defaulting to the most violent response, and NEXT TIME, it may actually be YOUR or MY innocent daughter in the back seat of the car.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have critically reviewed his actions and I think he did just fine.

There is no point in critically reviewing something that never happened. I'm not going to review what could or should happen if he were on the moon in a swimming pool firing Marvin the Martians Q36 Explosive Space Modulator either...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no big picture, it is one single incident that we are discussing. Bad guy in stolen car tries to run over cop, cop shoots bad guy. Small clear picture.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't know why you keep ignoring the video where the guy can't get around the SUV without hitting the cop.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every situation requires different reactions. Why would you expect the exact same reaction in this situation as you would your hypothetical one? They're not the same. I bet he'd react differently if there were a baby on the roof ala Raising Arizona too. Or if a tornado came through right then. Or....ooh how is this for freaky hypothetical didn't happen scenario - what if the guy had gotten out of the car as directed by the guy with a gun pointed at him? They guy in the marked cop car and in uniform. What if the dumb guy hadn't tried to run over that cop? I bet things would be WAY different...

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Can someone please share an actual FTP incident?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You expect Law Enforcement to perform up to a high standard. Nothing wrong with that. I have higher expectations of the public.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What SUV? The video you're watching is from the dash cam of the cop's SUV. You can see when he pulls up that he's not directly in front of the car. He can't be because he wouldn't have room to open his door and maneuver to the driver's side of the suspect car.
    Parking.JPG

Now, just before the shooting, the car has already started to move (it moved for about three seconds before the first shot). The cop is backpedaling to stay beside the car instead of letting it go past. The wheels would already be turned as sharply as they could be to get around the police suv partially blocking the way. The cop is in no danger of being run over here. He has ample time time move to his right if he wishes to do so.

Prior to shot 1.JPG

Here he continues to backpedal BESIDE the car, again, not in danger of being run over. He's even comfortable enough to be making a radio call.

Prior to shot 2.JPG

This is just prior to the first shot. He's in an even safer position now, inside the turning arc of the front wheel and in no way can be run over by the car.

Prior to shot 3.JPG

This is milliseconds before the first shot. At this point, the car has been rolling forward SLOWLY for 3 to 4 seconds and the officer has been backpedaling beside it as it passes. He's in zero danger of being run over and has had ample time to move to his right to avoid danger as per his department's policy (which he ignored).

First Shot.JPG

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Somebody slipped something about a BJ caught on bodycam into the discussion a few pages ago. Will that do?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, as that shows, he is driving right at the cop.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh someone’s definitely giving a BJ in all of this. I wonder who? :D

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

[​IMG]

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You need to get your prescription checked.

overhead.jpg

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Lowest common denominator. We can set performance standards for people employed by the government. We can't do that for the GP.

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You're starting to sway must just based on the amount of effort you are putting in.

:)

ryoung57 likes this.