1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK | 2019 | Round 2 | Pirelli Thai | Mar 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

So far, Bautista is the fastest in both free practice sessions.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Also of note is Cortese beating the official Pata Yamahas on the GRT Yamaha bike.

Sadly Chaz back in 11th place over a second off the pace of his teammate.

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Honders in 12th and 19th...what happened to making a difference in the results once they dumped their old, under achieving team?

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Depends on your expectations. If you expected Honda to come in and dominate without studying exactly where and why their bike falls behind everywhere, then your dreams will be shattered. I don't expect much progress from HRC until next year at the earliest.

5. fastedyamaha

Well when HRC pulled the rug out from under Ten Kate I do believe they said it was due to the lack of results that Ten Kate was producing.

The Great One likes this.
  6. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

While I don't condone what HRC did to Ten Kate, it's still way too early to judge the results of their actions after 1 round. You have to give it a full season at least to evaluate their progress.

7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

so phillip island may not be an anomaly? interesting.

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. fastedyamaha

That's not how things are done here :crackup:

Nick_OMC and 5axis like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, if they didn't have Bautista riding the Ducati, everyone would be thinking the new bike was a bust.

badmoon692008 and yokohama1 like this.
  10. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Oh, you mean beeb standards :crackup:

Those idiots at HRC didn't accomplish shit by booting Ten Kate, the CBRs still suck balls.
    What a bunch of dipshits.

There you go.

11. fastedyamaha

That's better. Don't forget that all their womens are ugly too

12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

The Dutch or the Japanese?

Either way, I wouldn't say that; they both have a decent share of bombshells.

13. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

It could be the similarity between the Ducati Bautista rode in GP and the V4 that's making him gel with the bike this quick. Put anyone else on the bike from the WSBK grid and they would at the very least suffer like Chaz, if not more so.

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Isn't the V4's chassis closer to a GP bike than a production superbike? Thought I read that in an article a while back. Could have something to do with Bautista's quick adaptation, vs Chaz's. Or could be the fact that AB is a fast and talented rider?.

The Great One likes this.
  15. ljuice26

The chasis is the same on the street and WSBK bike, except the swingarm, I believe. Look at Redding in BSB. I think he was top of the time sheets yesterday and today, 1 sec over the rest of the field. Ex Ducati GP rider on a GP inspired WSBK bike.

5axis and Phl218 like this.
  16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Chaz did about half the laps compared to Bautista during testing due to his injuries... The other Ducati’s also did very little testing due to mainly mileage restrictions on the engines, also they are not using Öhlins...

17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

18. ljuice26

Um, Chaz had a technical issue, thats why he did a smaller amount of laps. Also, The factory bikes are using Ohlins. Barni is using Showa and Laverty is using Ohlins as well.

19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Ummm, Laverty is using Bitubo suspension, at least according to the Goeleven website...

mram0256 likes this.
  20. ljuice26

You are correct about Laverty. The rest of what I say was on point.