1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course there is. You goofy.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It sounds great but a lot of neighborhoods you can't pay a cop enough to live in and others you can't afford to pay cops enough so they can afford to live there.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

He didn't stop for the cop with a gun drawn down on him, you think he's just going to pull over the next cop car? :crackup:

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t know, but “let’s play it safe and just kill him” isn’t the correct answer.

I’m sure he’d be more likely to stop for 4 cops boxing him in than he would for 1.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

For all of you hard asses that keep insisting that the cop was completely justified in this shooting, it wasn’t over aggressive, and there was no need for him to seak a less deadly outcome, consider this: the driver is your teenage daughter’s best friend’s shady ass boyfriend, the girl in the passenger seat is your daughters’s friend, and sitting in the back seat, directly in the line of fire, is your little girl.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There wasn't anyone in the back seat.

I can imagine all sorts of reasons for the cop to not fire - however none of those actually happened. In reality, where this actually happened, the cop was justified. I can also imagine me winning the mega millions. Had plans yesterday morning of hiring a jet to bring me to Roebling - then reality kicked in and I remembered the dogs and no reservations for a room and I prefer the rv anyway - oh yeah and we didn't win. So in reality I loaded up and drove to Roebling and I've been up since 4:30 taking dogs out and drinking coffee. But hey, imagine me in a private jet and 5 star hotel with a limo to the track because that's as real as your made up situations :D

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. 600 dbl are

"I can't justify my position through the facts of this case so I'm going to make up scenarios"

Copy and paste, it will save you the trouble typing next time :p

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Why on earth would you take a limo to the track, and not the helo? That's just poor planning and bad time management.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Answer the question!

You assholes act like uncaring, stonefaced killers when it’s not personal, when the lives affected aren’t yours, because you’re incapable of empathizing with those whose are.

Every reason you’ve given for this being a good shoot are unchanged if your family is in that backseat, so go ahead, be a tough guy and and tell me you’d still be standing by that cop if he’d hurt or killed a member of your family.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The cop didn’t know that. And it wouldn’t have changed his actions. He was in fear for his life so he had to shoot.

11. 600 dbl are

I didn't see a question in your dramatic filled, made for Hallmark TV fictional scenario. Can you change out your manpon and rephrase it to a question please?

I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand that different scenarios require different courses of action/reaction. The real mystery is if this level of stupid is by choice.

Thank you for your insight Miss Cleo. Can you help Mongo out and give him those winning numbers?

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Then clearly I failed as a parent as my daughter has poor decision making skills just like her dumbass boyfriend.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't think anyone has said the cop took the only option open to him. Obviously he didn't. You are contending there was only one and he had to make that correct choice in a split second. Since you have Alienware level mental processing speed with the infallibility chip to boot there is no doubt you could have processed everything happening, called dispatch, verified the reason for the car being reported stolen, identified the front seat passenger as a willing participant and made the proper decision in .5 seconds.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, I’m saying that the default response should be the LEAST violent, just in case, instead of the most violent. How fucking hard of a concept is that for you guys to understand?

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Dude, you posted all day yesterday and up to 3 in the morning. You may be a little obsessed with this. Put down the keyboard and step away from the computer.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I sit in front of a computer most of the day, and I function better if I have 5 different things to focus on. The 3am thing was an oddity. I fell asleep at the normal time, then woke up.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And we are saying that hindsight can always come up with a better way. In hindsight, your mom probably could have figured out how not to drop you on your head.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're a liar, or you don't have kids.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: You've gone off the rails with this. I agree with you quite a bit but you're :dead: this time.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Noooooooooo, we are saying that we learn by reviewing our actions, pointing out mistakes, and figuring out how it could have been done better. If we all high five this guy and rub our cocks together instead of critically reviewing him, it cements the precedent of defaulting to the most violent response, and NEXT TIME, it may actually be your innocent daughter in the back seat of the car.