1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UKI no more

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Suzuki can't even nail the BNG anymore...
    How hard was it, Hamamatsu? ilmberger-suzuki-gsxr1000-1.jpg ilmberger-suzuki-gsxr1000-2.jpg ilmberger-suzuki-gsxr1000-3.jpg

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

My god, that muffler is the size of a trash can.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Still not a good looking motorcycle.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Blame the EU. At least Suzuki is nice enough to put the giant bastard out there where it's easy to get rid of with just a slip-on instead of the others that make it a two stage process, with a pre-chamber up underneath the engine then a secondary silencer, making you have to buy almost a full system to lose any weight.

RichB and ducnut like this.
  5. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Looks like the one on my Tuono. Now that CA has mandated hefty fines for aftermarket exhausts, it's not going anywhere.

6. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone ever keeps the stock exhaust on their sportbikes. Seems it’s always the first thing people talk about though.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I know I know.

Just sayin. Not blaming Suzuki, just honestly it’s crazy how big they are now.

8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I am literally trying to find a free 08+ CBR1000RR stock muffler right now to modify instead of going aftermarket. Who knows if it'll sound good when I'm done, but all the aftermarket cans looks slapped on, the oem blade muffler looks just right.

9. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Looks like someone added ten pounds of useless carbon fiber covers to that bike.

10. bored&stroked

Whats a BFF fork? Big f'ing fork?

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I know a guy that played with stock exhausts to get better sound and performance out of 'em and not just drilling holes or punching steel. (He's as good at rolling a complicated lip for an exhaust exit as Britt is at stackin' dimes.)
    The sounds I've heard from his creations :eek::blart::cool:...can't speak to performance differences, tho' they do seem to "power" differently.
    I wonder if that, by protecting the frame from scuffs, gouges, etc., effects the number of insurance totals.

I initially had a similar response when I saw those covers. WTF?
    Upon closer inspection, the clutch cover appears to be the clutch cover, in carbon-looking material, not just a cover for a cover...I assume the stator cover is also synthetic. (Not the first time either has been done in plastic from an OEM.)
    Does this mean the frame cover also has a function other than aesthetic? (It's difficult to tell if it has bushed mountings at the swingarm and upper rear engine, no telling how it's fastened up forward.)
    Pretty tight wrap on that swingarm, too.

Nice lookin' 2015 (2017?) or whatever year it was when they came out with these BNGs. :D

12. bored&stroked

I want to cut one in half, gut it, weld in a perforated steel pipe and pack it with fiberglass just like an aftermarket muffler. I don't care about power, I came from a freaking F4i with 95whp.

13. fastfreddie

You'll need to hone your Shervin skills. :D
    [​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Balance
    Free
    Fork

And before you ask the shock is called BFC

Balance
    Free
    (rear)
    Cushion

bored&stroked likes this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Bfc is the exhaust

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Big
    F'ing
    Can

?

notbostrom likes this.
  17. bored&stroked

Yeah I've seen it. But people have gutted them already, so now when I can't I'll just know I'm a failure lol.

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think the Taylormade exhaust looks good on an all black bike.

19. fastfreddie

Have you heard those things? Like hookin' a Kazoo to a cow's ass... :crackup:

First time I saw one, I thought "How the hell do they charge this much for a couple soup cans welded together in a worse fashion than I could manage if blindfolded?"
    Now that the price has doubled, I wonder if they've cleaned up the fit/finish results. It could be ugly as shit considering you only see the tip, but that's no excuse for crookedly cut lines, splattered welding and, literally, soup can-looking components.

The only gutting I've seen is people cutting out the valve. Why? That valve is less restrictive than the rest of that canned maze when it's open and open is as simple as disconnecting a cable.
    Yes, the can looks good, but the weight of it...gutted or not, that weight is more detrimental than just a performance deficit.

20. bored&stroked

Kids these days, they crazy. It started with removing the cat inside, progressed to people fully gutting them. I'm not doing a performance mod. I want sound, just not open exhaust or stupid tiny aftermarket pretend to be a muffler exhaust sound.
    gutted.jpg