1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Admissions Scandal

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Mar 12, 2019.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

No, I am pointing out your immature actions for retaining grudges. You need to go back and read the history as Spang admitted his error. Where am I not standing by my comments?

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And how is this worse than the children of wealthy blacks
    who are advantaged by Affirmative Action?
    Are Will Smith's kids disadvantaged?

ducnut likes this.
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I haven't read one post... and likely won't... Why the fk does anyone care about this.
    It is just like Buying a Ride.. bring money..Ride.

How is it different than a DumbJock getting a free ride thru college based on playing a fucking game?

cpettit likes this.
  4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

All of the above^^^^. I'm not expecting much to change, just a little shove in a better direction.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Have you seen Jaden Smith?

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Who is that?

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Your last line hit the nail on the head. The lesson from this should be that college is vastly overproduced and oversold in America. That won’t be the lesson people learn though. Not that anyone will learn anything. It’ll be a scandal for the next week then disappear when they seize hold of Trump’s next Twitter rant he wrote on the shitter.

cpettit and ducnut like this.
  8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hahaha. That boy needs every advantage he can get.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This is a little ambiguous. The article also says that there is no evidence that the school was involved. Where did the money go?

The information that had been released when I replied yesterday was that two coaches had taken money from the mastermind of this whole system to recommend students for admission at the schools where they were coaching. If they were pocketing the money, they could do that without the athletic directors knowing.
    I'm far more curious about what the schools will do regarding the kids' diplomas or enrollment status, depending on the situation.

10. cpettit

Well if they haven't graduated yet wouldn't they just get kicked out and all transcripts just erased/deleted? If they have graduated i'd say good for them. They got away with one.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've been listening to him a little bit, this hits the whole college is a scam thing square on the head.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would expect them to do the same thing if the kids have graduated. If their admissions are rescinded, the transcripts should logically be erased, and the diplomas canceled. I'm just curious if they will do it.

13. cpettit

Once you have the paper copy it doesn't matter. I've never had anyone question or even look into my educational claims.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ducnut and GRH like this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

AD's approve all scholarships and they are the coaches boss. If they didn't know something was rotten in Denmark they were incompetent. As a boss you are legally accountable for the actions of your employees. When I supervised employees who had a license to handle R12 Freon, I could go to jail for 2 years if they fucked up.....

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had to provide transcripts to get into graduate school. Never had to for a job, but I can't say with certainty that it's never required.
    The question of their competency is a separate one from that of their involvement in the scheme. I'm not saying they were doing their job well.

Also, dozens of people have been indicted. Unless the athletic directors have a deal with the FBI, one would think they would have been on that list.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Except that in this case you would have to add paying Scott Russell to go out dressed in your leathers to turn a Q lap fast enough to make the grid.

galloway840 likes this.
  18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Ok.. so you do that.. when the green flag drops.. its on you... and IDGAF what piece of sheepskyn you have.. if you can't run the laps you ain't winning shit.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Confirmation that Harvard regularly admits students with a 1270 SAT score that are denied acceptance to a bunch of lower tier schools?

(As an FYI, the bottom 25% of Harvard applicants average an SAT score of 1460).

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

I feel, once they’re in, they’re in. Outside of receiving any possible scholarship money that should be taken away, let them stay in school on their own merits.