1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

so, making some headway here. testing something, and we should see if it can work out.

So onto other news/features....

since we would be the holder of our data, and doing our own scoring, i was thinking that if someone was to miss a round, we can revert back to the previous round's entry. Therefore, we'll use that as an entry for the current race.

Previously, if you missed entering the riders you got a zero, and was effectively out of the game. this year, we can change that since it's basically our own game. a little more manual labor, but willing to do it.

I think a 2/3 majority is needed (13 yes) to make the previous entry the current entry if missed a race

BigBird- Yes

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

yes Sounds good. Or make the default the finishing order of the previous round or something. Not sure how easy it would be to implement. I think that's how motogoat works?

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I don't think it does. It does default to something but it isn't the previous picks. I noticed that when I logged back in after the race started and it was showing the default picks for the next race.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

so far 3 for yes...i knew @Phl28 would be on board for sure

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Yes, I like some version of that far more than just getting a 0 for a round. I think using your previous round picks in the same order is the best idea.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

ass.

i was a noob last year and also struggled with the mobile interface.
    not happening again this year.

:D

BigBird likes this.
  8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Yes (and thank you)

9. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Same here so I like it too

10. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Yes - missing picks defaults to previous round's selections

11. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

12. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

As the lone cat that didn't miss a round last year, I'll vote....
    no. (I'm fine either way.) It is very true that when folks miss a round, its very tough to make it up (unless everyone else does). In fact, there is a backstory here. :D
    OK, I vote yes.
    But Papa is going to make fun of us.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I actually didn't miss a round. There was a glitch with their system where the picks were switched around from what was entered, so technically didn't miss a round, but you did graciously allow it to not be counted. :beer:

As I was thinking about this a little more, how about a cap of say 1 or 2 rounds at max. This way someone can't miss 5 rounds and still be in the game.

Let's say a cap of 2. Defaults to previous round selection, and anymore than that, then 0 from there on if a round is missed. whatcha'll think?

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

What difference does it make?

Leaving the last pick order as default won’t do any harm. Maybe one wants to use it as auto pilot.

An order with Zarco on top and Rossi second as default will do more harm to one’s points.

It can’t be more complicated to have the last pick vs random order to start out with?

BigBird likes this.
  16. dsapsis

Phil, you been into them thar weizenbiers? :beer:
    We will get everyone's opinion about the default stuff square by the end of the weekend, well in time for next weeks run up to the cluster that is Argentina. That race never goes straight.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  17. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Yes from me too. Thanks guys for organising and creating it all :)

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hey all, I have the email address that you provided Dave,probably paypal. If there is another email address that you use more frequently, pm me.

@badmoon692008 we need an email address for you.

I'll send a test email to everyone with a link that is your entry. It also works on mobile.

The link will be individualized for that week's GP, in this week's case just a test. Just put your team name at the top and drag and drop the rankings as you please. (Hint: can never go wrong with VR46 as 1 :) )

Enter the top 15 racers, anything less than 15 will be a 0 at that position. You can put more than 15, but obviously they will not count.

Click "finish survey" at the bottom. A table will show up with your picks. It's not the most intuitive table, but shows that your picks have been received.

If you want to make changes, then use the link for that week's race. Your previous rankings for that race will be there, just make adjustments and click finish survey again.

It's not our interface/website, but we get the data directly from the service. It's fairly bare bones, but should get the job done. Let us know what you think of it.

Sent from my smatrfone

Phl218 likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

emails have been sent. Except to those mentioned in thread or PM

20. dsapsis

Please use your beeb handle so we know who is who. thx.

BigBird likes this.