1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's easy - nope. But in the rain is one needed that is different than other tracks?

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Does Dunlop make a rain?

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

ok Thanks!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure, they all make rain tires.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I can still picture Duhumel being more than a little upset and expressing his ire towards some race officials because he was getting smoked on track.

Too AMAs credit, I think they made a good effort to get the race in but the push back became too much once the top teams realized they were going to get beat by a bunch of privateers running non Dunlop’s. LOL.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

We brought the (in) famous MT60RS DOT approved corsa compound tires as a rain option for DOT only races. And it rained ALOT and the track wouldn't drain.
    FYI those tires were in the Parts Unlimited warehouses that February too so everyone knew about them in theory.

ruckusracing and stk0308 like this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I would have happily sold anyone a set of tires if they came to the garage. :D

G 97 likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Im not 100% positive, but I’m pretty sure this is what Owen Weichel, 4&6 we’re running. I know it was working good.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

We helped 3 different superfast top level Europeans at Daytona in the 90s. Eves Briguet, Thorvald Saeby, and Christian Zewdorn. Eves had a full chat HRC Japan supported 600 and Miguel knew he and the bike were super fast. So I think the Honda guys were pissed that some guy on Pirellis from Europe had a bike as good as theirs and was in the hunt.

G 97 likes this.
  10. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

We ran dunlop.

11. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I don't Remember the year but I think 91 or so we did the ccs 3hr in the rain. I think a wera endurance team won on a 1100 we finished 2nd in 600 to moto liberty. The gto winner ran slicks .

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oops. Long time ago. LOL.

13. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

IT rained pretty good one year during the MotoST 8 hour event. Granted we crashed alot that race but they never cancelled it.

14. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I’m heading over from Davenport tomorrow morning. Any advice on which lot to park in when I get there or Can I pay to park in the infield? I’m just so used to Loudon and parking in the infield. I’ve got a couple teammates running the 200 and the ccs races and wanted to hangout with them in the pit area. I plan to stay and watch the flat track races.

15. Stuck on 75 a bit past Macon coming up on an accident. Left way too late but couldn’t help it. Probably get to the track about 10:30/11. Getting all of 10.5mpg in thr Jeep so an extra pit stop for fuel. Pretty sure I may just say f it and stop and go fishing, grab a hotel for a nap and shower then head back out about 3 or 4. We shall see.

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Go to registration and get a crew credential. Drive into the infield and park with the rest of the racers. Credentials should be at gate 70 by the airport

TurboBlew and Tas like this.
  17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

They're running the 200 in the rain unless it gets REALLY bad.

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Dunlop does not bring rain tires and will not mount them.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

gate entry is kinda lax. Just tell them you are dropping something off and they will let you in credentialess.
    Creditial office doesnt open til 7am at gate 70