1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

29 with 8k sounds real fishy
    Dang maybe I should go to Africa with a bunch of fake endorsements And go fly 737’s!

2. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I believe he (the Ca) was new on the 737 as well. That’s from an article I read somewhere, so it’s from the media. The media has a horrible record on getting things right, even worse when it has anything to do with aviation.

I took a 727 into Addis Ababa for a “C” check years ago. Kind of an interesting place, runway was ROUGH enough to make CMP look smooth.

Agree on the FO, 200 hrs? In a 737 right seat? Very little to no chance they were not miles behind what was happening..

3. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

That's nearly 3 hours a day for 8 years straight.

That's some straight bullshit.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Holy crap!
    I have 700hrs TT and 2 in a LJ25.....no way in hell I could imagine being FO on a 737.

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You don’t have to go that far :Poke:
    It’s much closer airlines that will hire you with the right fake flight credtials.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

7. speedluvn

In India! You seemed surprised.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I guess when you're a professional to sometimes tend to take for granted that other people in a professional setting should act, well....professional. Especially when they are in control of other people's lives.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

thats what the effing EU Multi-Crew License gets you....
    Multi-crew pilot license[edit]
    MPL pilots must be at least 18 years old, have a minimum of 250 hours of flying training, and 750 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction. Developed by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), requirements for the multi-crew pilot license (aeroplane) (MPL(A)) were included in the 10th edition of Annex 1 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Personnel Licensing), which superseded all previous editions of the Annex on 23 November 2006.[11] MPL is a significant development as it is based on competency-based approach to training professional pilots.[12] It represents the first time in 30 years that ICAO had significantly reviewed the standards for the training of flight crew.[citation needed]

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It would seem my fear of flying with an inexperienced/ perhaps under trained crew was not irrational.
    It's been a while but I would think that a pilot with equivalent experience in the US wouldn't even be on a regional. I imagine they'd still building time as an instructor?

11. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

Shit, I don't know if I feel better or worse about having to get in one of those tomorrow after reading this thread lol..

12. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

8000 hours at 29? That math just doesn't work out.

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

After just traveling all over India. Nothing ever works out. And then when you think you have it worked out, it doesn't work out

14. Well, sure - the good stories always start with, "No shit, there I was, thought I was gonna die," so those are the ones that are told, over and over again. No one wants to hear 2000 versions of, "It was a beautiful sunny day, nothing went wrong, and everyone was content."

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

1500 hours to get on at a regional. Apparently anyone who can get to that number gets a job right now. Hopefully the training weeds out the shitty pilots, the idea of hiring any warm body to fly hundreds of people around kind of scares me.

I've considered the career change for years but the idea of 50-100k+ in debt for a job that starts out well below what I make now has kept me away. The ATP forums are interesting reading for those interested in becoming a pilot and how their training works.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This whole situation smacks of political wrangling. EU and China trying desparatly to bolster their manufacturers against Boeing. When they won't allow access to the black boxes by the FAA it means they want to control the narrative. Boeing bad...Airbus good.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I learned a lot about planes reading this thread, thanks guys.

I subscribe to this YouTube channel called "TheFlightChannel" It goes over airline crashes from the last 40-50 years using Flight Simulator and transcripts from the voice recorders. At the end the channel usually goes over lessons learned and any new regulations or laws that came about as a result. It's pretty cool to watch. Can be a little unnerving at times especially when there is human error involved.

I found it while I was curious if they ever found that Malaysian 370 flight (they didn't, but the conspiracy theories surrounding it are wild)

Gino230 likes this.
  18. speedluvn

Knowledge is a beotch ain't it? :(

Da fug you jus say?:confused:

It seems like a concerted global effort against Boeing, especially after the demise of the big Airbus cancellation situation. I see that the U.S. airlines didnt go along with the other airlines that fly the Max 8. I wonder why?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

An opportunity to buy up a relatively new fleet at fire sale prices?

20. speedluvn

One incident that truly amazed me was the reason behind the "crash" of Asiana Flight 214. The plane in this incident was a Boeing 777. How for the life of me could an airline pilot of this large plane be so incompetent?