1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR500- Road Race bike

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by JTRC51, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Racingxtc7

Racingxtc7 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yes, it's the 2T with water temp and EGT. I really like it and it's pretty easy to setup. I am having an issue with it that I need to figure out. With air/fuel at 13:1 the egt reads 850F so it's obviously not correct and hoping it's just the senor.

2. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

How far from the piston do you have the probe?

3. Racingxtc7

6" as spec'ed

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Any worries that shock mount right in front of the Leccy is going to impact it's operation?

5. Racingxtc7

It looks closer than it is and the carb is above the crossmember.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to throw sponsorship money at me, I'll sing like a canary as I do my KTM build?

Anyone?

Hello, is this thing on? ::taps microphone::

7. Racingxtc7

Nice build! Who did the swingarm? I have supersingle disguised as a supermoto. I still use the bike for ice, flat track and motard but mostly roadrace. The interesting thing is its not as fast as my Honda RS125 was (both top speed and laptimes). The two main things are the transmission and aerodynamics. The transmission is a major problem with many of these project bikes since mx ratios and roadrace ratio are completely different.

Attached Files:

2wheeldev likes this.
  8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

It might be... one day... if I ever get the motor back. My buddy Brian who owns MA-Motorsports. They primarily do race cars and drift car nutsoid builds, but their fab work is top notch (cages/exhausts/manifolds/etc...), I've known them for over 15 years now, they used to sponsor me for drifting, Brian's a motorbike guy... there's nobody else I'd trust more with metal fab. Well... there's a couple other drifting dudes that are fab guys for a living that are unreal at welding... one in TX, one in AZ, another guy who I think is now in WA, but as far as around here and not having to ship stuff...

Its braced with tube pipe inside to make the frame/shape and give strength, then plated over top. I think I might grind down that middle weld too when I get back into it.

9. Racingxtc7

How's your projects coming along? Quadzilla vz TRX showdown?

10. Sweatypants

they're not? still no word from Hall at all. on the other one... fairings still not done, mounts/exhausts/airbox now saying mid-Feb./forks were supposed to be done and still not done. i DID send the rear wheel and swinger off to Harris in the UK to do all the quick change mods. so 1 thing is moving i guess. Lester Harris says end of March for that. I need the forks in my hand before calling Attack for the triples. I need the mounts before modding the frame for the motor. I need the fairings and exhausts so I can see how they fit up and I can tweak their lengths/angles a little before trying to send them off to be copied in titanium. slow going...

sure. if we don't die of old age first before i have something that runs and is finished haha.

11. Racingxtc7

Someone put some weird engine with a chain and these valve things in a TZ250. I bought it and rescued it back in 2012. I'm learning these projects take forever. Looking back I should have just bought another RS125 and had been riding it the last 6 years.

Attached Files:

12. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

how many seconds is it in the powerband for to get the egt to 850? what gear? what kind of dyno is it on?

how old is the o2 sensor?

do you have cylinder head (spark plug) temperature being measured also?

13. Racingxtc7

6 sec dyno pull. 2 sec in the powerband at 13:1 air/fuel. 3rd gear. Dynojet 250i. New O2. Just EGT and Water temp.

14. mattology

i don't think that's long enough to get a proper egt read, not by a long shot

15. mattology

are you able to pull the logs and load them into racestudio 2 to see how the egt is behaving when you rip it up through the gears in the dyno?

16. Sweatypants

we're past 15 months now. another email, another voicemail... unanswered.

17. Racingxtc7

Man, that sucks. It's terribly when someone doesn't have the courtesy to return a call or message. I'd be on my way over there and pickup my things.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. Sweatypants

I would if it wasn't 2500 miles away. Also, a flight isn't that big of a deal, but i have nightmares of him not going into his shop for a whole week while i waste vacation time and drive by 20 times a day with no other reason to be in that state.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

I should also jump in on this. Brian hasn't actually done much for me. We did a ride or two together and his shop used to be a mile from mine. But that dude knows how to seriously build some shit. He's good and I wouldn't hesitate to hand the guy anything.

Sweatypants likes this.
  20. Sweatypants

Beep bop boop...

20190331_214844.jpg

clarityinstatic likes this.