1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Weird. This is pivoting...:D

BigBird likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I love how you guys have already accepted that you only have $50 to those if Dave cooks the wrong mushrooms into some fancy delicacy. One race into the year, your spirits are already crushed. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm in dead last. I've already written it off as a loss lol

On the other end of the spectrum Scottyrock is in second and already looking at buying a fighter jet, soooo.....

BigBird, HPPT and Chino52405 like this.
  4. dsapsis

I'll look into these. Are there any reports of it not working as intended?
    --chef de champignon

5. dsapsis

Guys -- I'm glad you have figured out your scores, but hold on to them until I work up my manual tallies ( I might have to ask you for your picks) so we have independent runs to compare to. Who would have thought all that research experimental design study would pay dividends.
    Now, about that fighter jet...

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

One bit of trouble there...motogoat will now only show me 1-10 so I have no idea who I had 11-15.

7. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Same here

8. dsapsis

OK this is Admin and as the only person not having access to Motogoat (ins't it ironic, Alanis? ), I can't tell you the solution, but BigBird assures me they are view-able down to 15. He'll be along shortly to clear up the current mess. He's the best damn deputy a guy could ask for. In fact, I hope he wins the championship. But not without WINNING it.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

That’s why i posted them here :D

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

If there is someone to trust, it's Dave for sure! He's Doing a great job keeping things together and moving forward!

The MotoGoat admin assures me that we'll be able to get the 15 from the first round. My thought in the worst case scenario is just the top 10, since that data is readily available, but only for round 1, but that's hopefully not going to happen

@jksoft is working on a homegrown entry website for us, and once we have that up and running, we'll control our own data.

Obviously integrity and transparency are our goals. Thanks again all for being patient and going with the flow while we work this out.

Sent from my smatrfone

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If motogoat makes the changes you've asked for, seems like you should stay with him, at least for this year. He is making a huge effort to have only 21 guys hang out for two or three races.

Chino52405, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't disagree at all, and for sure, but that's the thing, IF. it's a lot of work on our side to, as there is no way to download the entries for each person, or group. It's a manual process to go through the entries one by one, position by position, so for the year it would be 22 x 15 x 19 = 6,270 data entry points.

Also, we don't know how long he'll keep the site up, etc. That's an unknown. It's his first time running it too, and even with the official GP game, as time goes on people drop out, so at what point does he say no more altogether. So that's why we wanted to make sure that would not be an issue. Because say 10 weeks in, and he cancels his hosting site, and if we have no plan, then we're scrambling again.

Just trying our best to minimize errors, and play a game that makes sense,at least to us, scoring wise.

Boman Forklift and Phl218 like this.
  13. dsapsis

See, the issue of calc'ing the scores isn't all that tough. For any given list, you score all matchups based on the lower of the two: finishing order or your placement order. The more difficult part to this is having discrete/secure entries that get locked in, and presumably are blind to other players. That process allows both fairness at input side, and verification of results on back-end. We've been considering a couple alternate options for this, and to sound like a broken record, will get it hashed out. In a sense, given the nature of motogoat being a one off not attached to an official operation, a back up system seems wise no matter. Imagine the site going dark at race 15 with the top ten players within 15 points...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    BigBird likes this.
  14. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Throw motoGOAT $100 of our pot to help with some of this custom stuff and keep it up for the season.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  15. dsapsis

That's an idea in the mix. Look for some global communication to the entire player group by this weekend (via email).

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

will we still keep locking down bets at midnight before the race or when will the deadline be? potentially reasonably 15 min before race start?

17. dsapsis

If we can configure the entry security and timestamp, I think it's best to do what the old game did and allow submissions up to close to race start (15-30 mins or so -- definitely well after morning warm-up, but somewhat before last minute where all goes to shit (cue up Argentina last year, maybe to be repeated this year, lol).

Phl218 likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

MotoGoat locks at the start of the race

19. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If someone misses the warmup lap, can we still change the prediction.... asking for a friend. Lol.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not sure, will check
    :crackup: