1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona TT 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Mar 6, 2019.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It should be a good show next Thursday night from a Grand Stand seat with a cold one in hand. The new track configuration looks challenging. Hopefully it is wide enough so they can use different lines so there is more passing and not a follow the leader race. Definitely going to be more speed going into turn one with using the pavement. Will tire wear be a concern?

https://www.americanflattrack.com/n...uit-utilize-tri-oval-asphalt-and-make-history

upload_2019-3-6_9-19-58.png

upload_2019-3-6_9-19-37.png

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Should be a good one. I've got JD.

JD is in this right?

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They've already tested the layout with Jay Springsteen, Scott Parker, and Johnny Lewis. Using a KTM single, and an FTR. The video I saw the track should have some decent width. They laid the supercross track on top after testing. I don't think tire wear is really going to be that much of an issue. There are some tracks they've been on that were as hard as concrete with little worry over tire life.

I'm having mixed feelings. Yeah, it's great to try something new. Especially in a sport with so many stick in the muds who lament the "good ol' days" of no brakes, and other dumbass things. But, it's starting to look like supermoto. And they're struggling on their own in American, without flat track confusing the issue.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bump because I don't want to forget and miss this.

TLR67 likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Gonna be some good racing... Looks like Fans choice finally put the 200 up too.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

does this mean youre going?

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Hope to Sipes do good again on the TT

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I got Dalton Gauthier in singles and J.D. Beach in twins.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dang, I'm not that senile am I?

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

In twins it's become "Anyone but Mees", for me.

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I gotta go for Shayna Texter. I love seeing her win. I like Wiles for the twins. He is a monster on a TT track.

13. backcountryme

The real story is Travis Pastrana riding a 750 2 smoke in the hooligans class.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

McAllister in Singles and Wiles in the Twins.

15. Spang308

I love seeing her beat up on the boys too, and on an oval not a bad pick, but she's horrible on TT courses. Wiles is a solid pick. I expect J.D., Mees and Wiles to be the podium in some order.

16. Spang308

Saw a video clip of that thing on FB. Should be a hoot watching him.

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ace Cafe had Mees over for bike night a couple weeks ago then they featured Shayna last week I believe.

18. backcountryme

Yeah, I know she isn't great on the TTs. But we can dare to dream. Ha. I think her physical size hurts her on the TT tracks.

19. Spang308

She lived fairly close to a TT track in PA...that she must not have ridden much. On the bigger ovals she's a favorite every race though.
    If she could have just made the mains at the TTs 2 years ago, she would have won the singles title. I think a flat tire in her semi at Williams Grove was the last straw that year.
    She's been a great ambassador for the series also.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy