1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Copy that sentiment. We will endeavor to make the picks painless and the scoring auto-calc'ed.

BigBird, Phl218 and ScottyRock155 like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah..I've figured at some point he may say I'm done unless you want to pay me, so where's my money? So gentle prods into helping us out :)

Yeah, if we knew we were doing this, probably could have had a better solution. But with less than week to do it, and waiting to see if the official game was going to come out, you can say we did the best we could have given the time constraints.

In hindsight, yeah someone could have created a backend, a easy UI and we would be balling with a little API to some calculations. Well now you have 2 weeks to get it together, so get a working on it :D

Phl218 and sbk1198 like this.
  3. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

I'm good with using the old rules as long as we can fix Motogoat to reflect those rules on the Qatar race. If we can't, we should scrap round 1 since there was so much confusion. Sounds like everything is pretty much worked out everyone wants to use the old rules (or NOT the motogoat's bs 25pts for guessing 13th correctly).

Phl218 likes this.
  4. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Scrapping round 1 would introduce reasonable doubt once the season was over. Shirley there is a way the admin(s) could calculate based on round 1 picks and incorporate the results into what ever platform may arise?

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yes we can.

Also, could treat round 1 as "winter testing" since there has been some back and forth, new entries, but I think we did have the rules in place and picks, and those seem to be consistent.

We have 2 weeks to figure things out.

Sent from my smatrfone

10MM likes this.
  6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Well it seems that pretty much everyone is in favor of using the old scoring method...or at least those who spoke up about it.

Phl218, BigBird and 10MM like this.
  7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I concur. Old scoring makes more sense to me.

Phl218, BigBird and 10MM like this.
  8. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Fair enough!

Yes, old scoring please.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  9. dsapsis

Im convening a working group to get this sorted. Please everyone, hold tight. I do encourage everyone to take their picks and score up the first round because I will be doing that manually for now, and Ive been known to make a math error or seven in my career. My prediction is that everyone is within 15 points of one another or thereabouts after round 1, and no one is anywhere even close to out of it.

I'm also working on the master email list for communication to the group -- expect that in the next couple days. Tonight, alas, is my Anniversary, and if you don't want me dead and your monies in the ether*, you best let me take my wife out to dinner.

*the fact that the pot is as large as it is has me working on backup payout plans should I go toe-up. I shouldn't need to think about that kinda stuff, dudes!

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

In @dsapsis we trust [emoji482]

Sent from my smatrfone

10MM likes this.
  11. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

This is small potatoes in the grand scheme of it all. It will take care of itself in its own way and on its own timeline ;)

No worries no hurries

jksoft and BigBird like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Funny, that's why I never wanted to do it.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

in reality, the pool( $ wise) is similar to the foosball league. Scotty87 just disappears at the end of the year usually before paying up :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was talking about both when I said I never wanted to do it. I would have handled the Commissioner job in the football league if I didn't have to hold the money.

BigBird likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

We use something like this for fantasy football.

https://www.leaguesafe.com/

Fantasy sports vault is the other big one, I believe.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Is there anything easy like paypal, that could be used as an escrow account where a bunch of guys could put money into it, but not be able to withdraw it until a certain time, and without a conformation from all the stake holders? Not suggesting this because i'm questioning Dave's moral fortitude with money handling, just because I wouldn't want the responsibility either. Having something like that would be usefull for a lot of other things too (group vacation bookings, etc)

Edit: I guess there is lol

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

wouldn't someone have to initiate the transfer still?

edit: saw with leaguesafe you can vote on payout at the end or something like that...wonder what the fees are?

18. dsapsis

HAH! Scotty sets a low bar.

I'm planning to do do something similar by putting the money in a savings account and having Arlene serve as my backup and giving her contact info to you and at least one other back-up. Ethics and fairness are important to me, and even though I'm a (low profile) atheist, I don't want you all badmouthing me from the mortal half of the coil. :D

BigBird likes this.
  19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

No way I want the karma of cursing a dead guy over $50. River Styx has likely seen an increase in ticket prices over the years - get yourself a window seat :)

20. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

ATTENTION: Dispute the $50 charge through PayPal to dsapsis before he can steal it! Get your money back now, people! Someone post up his real name and address for the purposes of vigilante justice!*

* is what I would say if I were concerned about losing my $50.

I have zero concerns about it. I do, however, have major concerns about my ability to be competitive in this game. The scoring adjustment bumped me out of last place, but I still sucked. I'm coming hard (that's what she said) in week 2.

BigBird likes this.