1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah, Umbrella Academy was brutal. I watched through episode 6, hoping I could find something redeeming, but that never happened so I gave up.

kangasj likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To each their own, I enjoyed it for a TV show but I never go in expecting a lot from them :D

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I kept hoping and trying to like it. I should have known it wasn't going to fly for me as soon as the talking monkey showed up. Oh well....next!

4. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I’m three episodes in with Umbrella academy....kept trying to see what the good stuff is...the clitche characters are too much.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you don't like a talking Monkey in a cartoon based TV show then the issues are all on you :crackup:

kangasj likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a cartoon using live people, that's kind of the entire point of it :D

7. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

The Detour was pretty funny. I watched on Hulu but I think it's on Netflix too. 3 seasons and the episodes are only like 22-23 minutes. Kinda juvenile and crude. Probably why I laughed so much!:D

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Beyond the Curve - eye opening documentary about flat earth truthers.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, I watched the first season last week and it's pretty good. Reminds me a lot of True Detective and Fargo (the series). Also the first episode of Hanna looks promising...I don't think it starts for another month.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Oh, and after all these years hearing how great The Wire was I finally started watching it last week. Well, I'm 4 episodes in and it puts me to sleep. Am I missing something?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, you need to make it through a couple more. It starts real slow. Second season starts just too slow. Remaining seasons grab your interest from the start.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Same here. I watched 3 or 4 episodes and just didn't get it. I can see the same thing watching the evening news.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Finished Umbrella Academy last night, it was ok, but it seemed to drag on with no real build up or climax. Once you kept thinking it was building to something and it wasn't, once the climax arrived it became brutally obvious what was going to happen.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

is this about the show, or about what your SO said about you :Poke:

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Either do or don't. I got to be somewhere.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup. I don't give shows multiple episodes to pull me in anymore.

If I'm not hooked by episode 2, dropped like a bad habit.

You think anybody that got to watching Breaking Bad didn't know by the end of episode 1 if they were fully invested or not?

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

It's been 7-8 years since I've watched The Wire but it's still my favorite.

I can see how someone would think "Whats the big deal?" after all the chatter about it being the top rated TV show EVER - thats a hard thing to live up to but if you go in like I did with an open mind - killer fucking show.

Omar's character alone is worth the watch.

Sprinky and Banditracer like this.
  18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

There is a new series on Formula 1. Shows some cool stuff behind the scenes. I'm about 4 episodes in and it's really cool.

BigBird and joec like this.
  19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Finished it today. Definitely some good stories to be told that you don’t normally get to see. Highly recommend this to race fans.

BigBird and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  20. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

It seemed more like a advertising for midfield drivers and teams. Than a historical documentary of F1. Almost Nascar drama like. Sadly I admit I binge watched it in 2 days.
    Hopefully if they make a season 2 it will be more history mixed with current events and alot more into the tech of building the cars.