1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It is indeed a TDS question as your answer shows.

So the kid was arrested while Obama was in office and he didn't get him out,
    Trump got him released but "I wonder if the only reason KJU released him was because of the injury and obvious impending death."

I don't blame either one of them or think either one did any better than the other.

And right there you've absolved the Messiah, and dismissed Trump's accomplishment
    while portraying yourself as fair-minded.

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/06/otto-warmbier/530448/

Otto Warmbier’s father said Thursday he does not believe North Korea’s explanation for why the 22-year-old University of Virginia student is in a coma, credited the Trump administration for freeing his son, and criticized the Obama administration’s advice to the family “to keep a low profile.”

Fred Warmbier said the Obama administration had urged the family to “keep a low profile” for fear of offending the North Koreans, whose leadership is seen as unpredictable. At least three other U.S. citizens are in North Korean custody, and the country regularly tests missiles and nuclear devices—in violation of its international obligation—threatening its neighbors, U.S. military personnel in the region, as well as U.S. territory. The Obama administration had called for “strategic patience” with North Korea, a policy the Trump administration has publicly departed from.

When asked Thursday if the Obama administration could have done more to free their son, Fred Warmbier replied: “I think the results speak for themselves.”

The “time for strategic patience is over,” he said, “We’ve been brutalized [by North Korea] for the last 18 months with misinformation, no information.” He said their silence so far was based on the “false premise” that North Korea “would treat Otto well.”

He said he’d spoken to President Trump about his son’s release, calling the president “kind.”

“It was nice,” he said of the call. “And it was gracious, and it felt good.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/paren...rth-korea-want-son-to-be-part-of-negotiations

Obama had a fancy name for standing around doing nothing-Strategic Patience.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Who said I didn't care? I feel sorry (mostly for his parents). The best that can come from this is an object lesson to others. I certainly wouldn't escalate it into any other action that would cost more Americans their lives. Look, "rocket man" is a tyrant of the same order as Stalin, Mao and many others who have killed Americans in the past. We've had to deal with them in the past. It might be nice if we could somehow magically make them choke on their own tongue...ain't gonna happen. Just out of couriosity...What do you think is an appropriate response given it already happened?

3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

The facts are that Otto came home and died 6 days later. You don't think his health had any effect on his release? I didn't absolve Obama just like I'm not blaming Trump for taking 18 months to get something done that I'm not sure he had any real role in. You're giving Trump credit just for the fact that Otto was returned home but nothing about the circumstances in which that return occurred.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

This never gets old. Pre OMB. LOL.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I must have missed the spaceships filled with dinosaurs with red capes.

6. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What about the other 3 that NK released, was that Trump?

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It is strange that both Pelosi and Schitt have both backpedaled on the impeachment, basically on the same day.

XFBO likes this.
  10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm guessing they are hedging their bets on the SDNY.

It's a great country we live in. No suspected crime has been committed but we are going to open investigations to see if we can find one.

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

IIRC, If there is an indictment, then Trump can seal the Mueller report inthe court records.

12. code3ryder

Absolutely he does. I've given him credit for trying in NK. I don't think it's gone well (especially with agreements out of the first meeting) but he gets credit for trying. By trying, the release of the prisoners happened. Again, I don't hate everything he does.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

01C08453-E23B-462B-B03F-AE0340962C09.jpeg

XFBO likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thats about goofy.

cpettit likes this.
  15. code3ryder

Good on Trump for grounding the Max 8's. Too bad the airlines couldn't manage to do it by themselves.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, it’s a goofy pic but does illustrate how divided the liberal Dems are making things.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Notice that this doesn't sound like it came from the FAA, but Trump.

My guess: The airlines were catching flack and having to mess with grumpy passengers calling them up to change to a different flight. Now the airlines can just stop using the planes. If flights get cancelled they can just blame Trump / Boeing. So I think he basically did the airlines a favor. Not that there is anything wrong with that. This primarily impacts SW and AA which are both US carriers. Keeping them healthy is good for the US.

Either that or he just went with his gut feeling.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

lrrs517 likes this.
  19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Awww somebody didn't get picked to be on either team in gym class. Poor baby.

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No, he got picked for a four year stint. Star player too. Might get a contract extension

mike574 and lrrs517 like this.