1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supplements for Back/Joint Health

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Mar 9, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We can post videos now.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What? Someone neuter Papa? :crackup:

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ive seen his videos. Im intrigued on how that maneuver helps.

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Chiros either, I'll take a really good massage therapist and a good PT over them.

BigBird likes this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I hear there is a great massage business down in Florida. :)

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need an appointment with a spinal surgeon and an MRI. Get an accurate assessment of your spinal column and surrounding tissue.

You get one chance at this life, don’t screw up something that’ll impact that chance. I spend 20-22hrs of my days in bed, now, because I put off pain I thought I’d get over. I didn’t.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I kind of always had that even before my injury. After the down time during recovery it was unbearable. The only relief I got was from an inversion table, and it wasn’t much.

Story time:

I started dating my now girlfriend, who is a massage therapist. I told her about my issues and asked her to work on it. I went to the rehab clinic where she worked, lied down on her table, and she poked around in my lower back for about five minutes before asking me to turn over. I’m thinking it’s about to be a good massage. :D

Then she tells me that it’s going to hurt. She starts working along the side of my abs and it’s excruciating. She’s got an elbow digging into my gut just above my hips on both sides and I’m dying. Then she gets out the Thera Gun and proceeds to jackhammer the whole area. I’m fucking dying. No fun.

After the longest 30 minutes of my life she tells me we’re done. I’m thinking it’s the worst massage ever. I stand up and I’m pain free. Completely gone. Haven’t felt better in years.

Turns out all my issues were in my psoas. The psoas muscles were so tight that it was collapsing my lumbar and causing crazy nerve pain. Years of working hunched over at my job and on bikes, combined with too much ab work had shortened everything.

The pain comes back all the time, but I can fix it by stretching and rolling out my psoas. I use a foam roller and a thing called a Pso-Rite. Give it a shot. You may have the same shit going on.

Newsshooter likes this.
  8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, a good therapist is worth their weight in gold.

JBraun likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can see that. Mine is most aggravated after I’m hunched over at my desk for a bit.

So this girlfriend, is it serious? Think she’d have any interest in relocating to Missouri?:crackup:

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Your screwed. I've been living with a herniated disc and collapsed vertebrae since the early 90's. Didn't keep me from playing hockey or racing motorcycles. Go get a series of epidurals and meet your new friends...

[​IMG]

Ducti89 and Sabre699 like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've gone to acupuncture twice now for my knee pain after surgery and it's restraint on my PT. (pain hindering me from exercise)

i also mentioned lower back pain, (happened from squatting after loading up too fast, but had its root from an improper deadlift weeks before) where she also put some needles. it's completely gone now.
    we are still working on the knee , but the back pain vanishing blew me away...

12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I've had similar results... thought I had back issues and after doing a bunch of research came to a similar conclusion. Went from having to spend 20 min stretching my back out every morning just to think about standing up straight to stretching my psoas every day or three and I feel like a million bucks...

I think it's often overlooked how symbiotic our body is, and pain on one half can be the result of tightness/weakness etc in the opposing muscles.

JBraun likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Somebody catch him up…

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I recommend he inject his own sperm into the painful area.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I stopped going to chiro's a long time ago cause I couldn't find one that would do this kinda shit... it's like they're afraid of lawsuits or something.

And the patient....Grrrrrr Baby!

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

^^This. Chiro is one notch above a snake doctor.

JBraun likes this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’m on her Instagram. Can’t get more serious than that in 2019...

Google psoas stretches and myofascial release. You’ll find some techniques that may change your life. Even if your injury is more severe, it will do some good.

18. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I had myofacial done on my elbow...that shit hurt but it fixed the issue.

19. Crash.fix.repeat

Crash.fix.repeat Active Member

I can't recommend Jym Omega enough. It's been a miracle for pain in my elbows and knees. Everytime I go without it for a few days, the pain comes back. Go back on it and the pain is gone again.
    Recommended it to a couple guys at work, and they feel the same way.. great stuff. Even if it doesn't help the joints its good for the heart too.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah. Stumbling around like a fool in the dark is more fun :D