1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I was born with that equipment, yes.
    :)

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Pfft....bullshit. Everytime the general public catches on to what olympic lifters,powerlifters,bodybuilders etc. have known for several decades or even longer as far as how to deal with and improve our own bodies, all the sofa quarterback experts come up with all kinds of dumbass shit to say about something that they've just found out about 5 minutes ago themselves.Now all of the sudden everyones a "keto" expert and acts like getting your body into ketosis is some kind of new thing. Keto crotch..........gitdafuqoudaheee.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

“I start my day with an avocado and then drink vegetable oil until my stool is only blood. The pounds come right off.” said Tech Sgt. Bill Harrison

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I've lost 20lbs in last 7 weeks , eating boiled eggs, avocados, bacon, sausage's and the odd apple/banana. Went from 174 to 154 @ 5' 5" & 1/4.
    Haven't exercised bar riding my peddle assist Felt bike about 100 miles.

flygirl and BigBird like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

March 2019: I did lose my weight and got down to 130. It was very boring and restrictive after a while and I guess like all diets, I stopped doing it.

June 2020: Since WFH was implemented I'm at the heaviest I've ever been ever in my life, 178, and feel so much better. Energized and just so much more strength. If I could lose the back pain from my balky hip from FAI and my gut that has grown since turning 40, having some more weight is amazing.

9. britx303

130 pounds or kg?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

pounds :)

I'm 5'8

11. britx303

Ok. Wasn’t being sarcastic just to be clear. Sometimes my brain can’t fathom weight like that..........I shopped the “husky” dept as a kid:crackup:

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I prefer to think of it as economy sized

13. britx303

There is nothing economical about ripping pair after pair of pants from over stressing them before they’ve even been broken in:crackup:

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They should have made double seams like they made double knee jeans. They were too small about the time you got them to the point where you could bend your knee.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

130 to 178 is a pretty big swing, what's your "ideal" weight?

I did keto about 10 years ago to drop from 170 to 135, which was as light as I'd been since high school, but I haven't done it again for the same reason as you, feeling sluggish every day was really terrible.

Nowadays, if I'm cutting weight, I'll still reduce carbs along w/ reducing everything else, but doing cardio while ketogenic royally sucks. I'd rather have carbs back in and be able to have a really good workout, than suffer through those months.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think truthfully about 165 is probably the best weight for me. Still heavier than most of my life, but a good balance. Since 38, the quick metabolism has quickly turned from roadrunner to Elmer Fudd with the gun pace.

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's really the killer. The slowing metabolic rate, coupled with constantly need to adjust your portion size to your level of activity is hard to nail.

Hopefully I'm more aware now, but the amount of food that makes you feel "full" always goes up much easier than it comes down, and by the time you realize, it's usually too late.

BigBird and pscook like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

so how's all the keto folks? still keto-ing?

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

can you cheeto & keto?