1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next thing you know they'll be prescribing cocaine for weight loss

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 6, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You’re right about that, but the junkies are only part of the problem.

The other issue can’t be discussed here, and I get dumber every time I venture into the dungeon...

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Since his injury is no secret....Our loved friend Shaun is the epitome of someone who needs micro-dose psilocybin therapy.....but sadly, he will never get it.

The Great John Ulrich, the doer of the impossible, the man who has saved countless lives through his AF/Safety efforts, etc.......if he knew of this, if he understood it, if he got behind this.....he could help make it happen.
    Someone important in RR'ng/boxing/mma/football/etc....someone important, someone who knows how to make impossible into reality.....that's what it will take.

My best friend, my adopted black brother, Combat USMC Fast Team, Proud ex-police officer, Jiu Jitsu expert.....110% to a crippled shell in 6 months from hyper-aggressive MS. He need this. 100,000's need this. No one on this forum should stand in the way of psilocybin research.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that all of that is true. however, im sure u can see that motivations of Johnson & Johnson for submitting Spravato to the FDA can be completely independent of all that.

we'll know more when Spravato prices come out. its gonna be sad if/when Spravato is only a little cheaper covered by insurance than Ketamine was not-covered, ie J&J is making more $$ off it because insurance is paying, leading to higher premiums. hell, what should we think if Spravato is more expensive than off label Ketamine...

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

it will work if one of the big pharma players crunches the #'s , convinces shareholders, puts in "research" and bribes umm i mean convinces the FDA. ...

so, bottom line - not happening.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yikes...better start rationing.:D

JBraun likes this.
  6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I've heard that Psilocybin "resets" neural connections supposedly by resetting neural transmitters at the interface. I've not heard of it having any healing effects on neuron. Is there a study out there Speedy?

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My brother did a lot of research, but I don't think there was a study.:D

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Did his head get bigger?
    :D

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Only after he got the mid-80s perm.

10. SpeedyE

Jed, I think i remember you posting maybe a year ago that you had PCS? If I am wrong, please let me know.

1) I have never used any illegal substance, and do not even recreationally drink. Everyone that personally knows me, knows this.
    Everything I learned was through research, no 'hands on' experience.

The bad news is psilocybin will never be medically legal in your lifetime.
    It is schedule-1, meaning Prison, Prison regardless of the reason one possessed it. Prison + PCS + Stress = bad combination.
    I dont remember the links/info.....one would have to immerse themselves into the google machine for months. I would start w/ John Hopkins tests/trials.....and just go down every rabbit hole from there. It's a waste of time though. Its illegal, its off the table. Hopefully it will help people in the future though.
    But yes, it does everything I said it does.

The good news is a lot of your symptoms, or the intensity of your symptoms are from stress. Stress from your symptoms, or stress from other influences increasing your symptoms.
    It's not the PCS that will get you, it is the stress that will magnify it all to unbearable levels, that will get you.

I can tell you the AMA/hospitals/dr's will never be able to help your PCS. You will have to go elsewhere for help, and watch out for the landmines of snake-oil Drs who want your cash for rehab.

If you trust me to pm me your symptoms, I can steer you in some good directions that might offer help, of the symptoms themselves.
    Good luck brother.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Same here....I do it professionally

Mot Okstef and SpeedyE like this.
  12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Just making sure the rum is mixed proper and the mushroooms are safe

Sabre699, Phl218 and SpeedyE like this.
  13. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

serious edibles and hard exertion.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I appreciate the offer. My last big hit was in 2008 at Road Atlanta. I took a small one almost three years ago from a lacrosse ball but it was minor for the brain - the eye not so much.

My main thing is MDD so that's where my interest focuses on the drugs. Neurogenesis would be amazing if it holds up. I do think we'll see a therapeutic use of psilocybin in a clinical setting which is how ketamine is handled now.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. SpeedyE

I wish you would pm me your symptoms.....i know i could offer you help/direction on where to go, and what to avoid. you can even call me if thats better.....i want to help you

16. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

After reading the Bob Weir article it sounds like the medicinal mushrooms are safe and legal. And he said you can get them on Amazon! Use smile.amazon.com and you can donate a percentage to the air fence fund and save further head trauma. WIN WIN! :clap:

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wait...did we just jump from silly sybin to medicinal? I don't think they would be the same.