1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next thing you know they'll be prescribing cocaine for weight loss

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 6, 2019.

1. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

So what had you taking them in the first place? It sounds like it was out of necessity for there results you got rather than just to party.

2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Oh yes indeed we would! Look at that K2 fake weed and all the incidents that happened with that...God Forbid they legalize shrooms. I didn’t even know that was something being considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBraun likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Tell that to the people it's kept alive when they were in a chronic suicidal state with no other options that a padded room. I've seen the rooms, I've been in a locked down facility. I'd sure as hell rather have had the option of an injection or spray vs. 24hr monitoring which included a flashlight in the face every 15 minutes while sleeping for 10 days.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dave Chapell's co-writer Neal Brennan talks about it at length in his newest stand up show. It's pretty damn interesting, if you're open minded (so around 1% of the beeb would be interested in his opinion :D)

The whole show is worth a watch. Very far from 'traditional' stand up. More like spoken word with some pretty heavy shit mixed in.

SpeedyE and R1Racer99 like this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Certainly not necessity, and frankly I didn't need nor expect anything in the way of growth from the experience. I was climbing in J Tree with some friends and somebody brought a big bag of mushrooms. More of a "when in Rome" situation than anything.

The benefits that have stayed with me since have far outweighed the actual "trip"

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Pretty much opposite of me after a nasty get off and resulting blood on the brain and three day coma. No patience and critical. Etc. :/

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That was my experience with my last TBI. Had a brain bleed also and was a psycho for a few months. I even knew I was doing it and did it anyway. Brain trauma can make serious assholes of people evidently. Maybe we need some more mushrooms... :D

G 97 likes this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Post concussive syndrome is a bitch.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Ecstasy (MDMA) and ketamine both have a long history.
    Ecstasy was actually used during World War 1 as a stimulant/appetite suppressant. Didnt work out well because the soldiers had compassion towards the enemy.
    Ketamine was used medically to replace PCP which at that time was used as an anesthetic drug.
    These studies always amaze me. These drugs have been studied and used for years in other countries and a few positive results and suddenly the FDA approves things for use.

Ride safe,
    AAron

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Ive read some comments elsewhere suggesting that its approved because pharma can now make $$ off of it. Ketamine is out-of-patent, but the 'es' variant is not. so pharma paid for the approval process for the variant, got a patent, and will sell it for bank. id bet the research phase was especially cheap because these drugs are old. but it'll still have those "gotta pay for research" rape-you prices that we see on other drugs.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  11. mike-guy

Don't call me Frank

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

All I can think of while reading this thread are the Simpsons episodes when Homer eats insanity peppers and when he puts peyote in the juice.

cpettit and Jed like this.
  13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My bad. Shirley you can forgive me.

14. mike-guy

[​IMG]

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That's one of my favorite episodes.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I honestly don't think that's the case. There hasn't been anything new in the treatment for depression in years. Most drugs you hear about are reformulations of existing meds (one exception being Latuda which is around $1200 per month and can really help with schizophrenia).

There has never been an acute care treatment for depression and especially for impulsive suicidality. As stated earlier the current treatment is to throw meds at the patient, put them in psycho therapy and monitor them 24/7. Been there, done that, it sucks and costs a fuck ton.

The ability for an ER doc to administer Ketamine on label to a suicidal patient is huge. Also the cost of a round of treatment is pretty low considering it has to be administered in a doctors office and the patient needs to be in the office around half a day per treatment.

Docs have been using Ketamine off label for years in the US to treat drug resistant depression. The costs to the patient are out of pocket for this since it's not an approved use of the drug. Now that this is approved insurance companies can allow it's use as a covered therapy. This is a potential god send for people with treatment resistant depression.

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

^ That was a great story

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

psilocybin is to head injury/disease, as chemo is to cancer, as insulin is to diabetes.
    If you race/ride bikes, ya need to get behind this (Research/tests/FDA/etc), before you find yourself w/ a TBI, or diseased brain when you are older.

When you crash you are Permanently damaging brain tissue/cells, you are ripping/breaking wiring/circuits. The human brain does not repair Anything, it tries to use un-damaged wiring to find a work-around. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But the damage to the cells is still in there, rotting/spreading.

psilocybin is the only know/proven compound that actually heals damaged brain cells, grows new cells, grows new wiring, enlarges/strengthens existing wires, and activates dormant wiring. The cure for TBI/Parkinsons/Alzheimers/MS/CTE all lies in the research of psilocybin.
    It is also a non-addictive compound, no addiction properties in it.

A lot of guys on here, on the track, have taken hits and shrugged them off....100% good. Them 'hits' will come back to haunt you someday when you are old, through one of the neurological diseases.

As far as ketamine, its used for PTSD/depression....does not repair brain from injury/disease.

Habitual party/recreational drug users/dealers have stifled research into cures from people who need help, for decades.

Im not naming names, nor should anyone else....just some food for thought.....We all knew/loved a wera/ama guy in the spotlight, VERY rich, would do/say crazy things, crazier things as time went on.....many laughed at his antics, his media presence got smaller and smaller and smaller w/in last 3yrs.
    He recently stopped racing a few years ago, and has disappeared from the limelight/socials.
    He had 3 concussions in his career. Ya'll incorrectly blamed his increasing antics on his weed use.
    I could see the writing on his wall many years ago. What/where is he now? Probably struggling to tie his shoes :( Tragedy.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019