1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

2. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Micro .45’s are temperamental bastards. I wouldn’t own one with less than a 4 inch barrel.

With it being a gift, try playing around with various ammo types. BTHP won’t work well (in my experience) but a ball type may.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I dig my 19 and 17 gen5. There is a slight difference between the gen 3's/4's I have. Almost all of em in stock trim (in case Tim Landon jumps in).

Steak Travis likes this.
  4. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I didn't do the stainless rod, wasn't sure there was a need for it. The MagGuts springs were a great add. I agree that the mods were what Ruger should have done in the first place and the price point reasons they didn't. I think I have more in mods than what the gun cost me originally. Damned thing shoots great now though, any ammo I feed it.

dobr24 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mac's vid of the Beretta Elite LTT makes me think I need one.

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I know this isn't handgun, but I don't think it matters in this thread any more.

I have a chance at a Tavor SAR 16.5 in OD green, bag, at least six mags, and possibly "a couple crates" of ammo for $1100. What sayeth the Beeb? Does your answer change if no ammo?

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Good Price...Buy It.
    Shot a friend of mines...it is fun..his was suppressed and had some "Lcan" scope...it was badass.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I won a pair of those fancy electronic ears. Walkers Razor Slim. Oh Em Gee these things are da bomb.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So I went to the range yesterday, finally got to shoot an M&P 15-22 and had a blast shooting it. I want one now!
    Thoughts? Any known current deals? Competition to consider?

I looked this morning, a local store, Academy, had an awesome package deal, rifle, M&P red/green optics and carry bag for $400. Well, they might as well have had it for $99 because they didn't have any in stock and no info if they'll get any in.

10. triplestrong

I have one. Tons of fun. Palmetto has em right now for $299 free shipping.

XFBO likes this.
  11. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I had a Kimber Tac Ultra II that was a diva. The only “hp” ammo it fed reliably was Hornady Critical Defense. The nose on those rounds is more closed so it wouldn’t get stuffed on the feed ramp.

12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I agree. Fun gun and cheap to shoot. Don't think you will beat that Palmetto price.

13. triplestrong

It'll accept a AR type trigger as well. Put a single stage drop-in in mine. Night n day.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

One downside I thought of...the mags are a little pricey but that seems to be the case with most of the .22LR semi-auto's.

15. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Palmerston State has the same package for $299 from time to time but they sell out quick. I got mine at Cabela's & they threw in a second magazine at the $299 price. My daughter has about 900 rounds through it so far. I think I've gotten 200 in!

XFBO likes this.
  16. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Good to know. I have one of those Palmetto State M&P .22LRs and have yet to take it to the range. They had great deals around Christmas with the scope, carrying case, etc. Keep a look out on that site. They come up from time to time but sell out quick so jump on it when you see the deal.!

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thinking about buying a Hi-Point 45 for a, shall we say, "emergency gun". Anything better for the same price? Was going to go 9mm, but capacity is only 1 more then the 45, and I already carry a spare mag of 45, so....

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Rimfire popular?
    Who knew?
    :D

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!

I ordered mine last night!
    Along with a Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot optic (my first), which I had read some really good reviews on. They normally sell for $219, currently on sale at PSA for $119 so anyone looking you have til noon today! ;)

triplestrong likes this.
  20. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I've owned HiPoint 45's twice at different times. The ones I had were very accurate and I never had any malfunctions. They are heavy and extremely ugly. I wouldn't carry it, obviously. But any other use, in my opinion would be fine. Last one I bought, I paid $180 brand new.

jksoft likes this.