1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Speed Limit in California

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by fastedyamaha, Feb 23, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

So some law making dude is proposing a bill that would create 2 new highway lanes with no speed limit. I like it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

If it's from Cali, they'll tax your ass off for even looking at these 'lanes'
    That state is the epitome of F'd up. Have you been to the 'Bay' area lately? What a cesspool.

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

So Germany is talking about limiting the Autobahn to become even more green and California is thinking of building more highways for high speed to reduce the green? Bans plastic straws, charges for plastic bags... California is retarded.

K51000 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Never happen.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No speed limits in california cause cancer.

TurboBlew and K51000 like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

they already have that... its called Lane Splitting. Who cares about anything with more than 2 wheels?
    Also keep in mind... the State of CA thinks limiting professional drivers to 55mph when towing a trailer is a good idea. Especially when parts of the State have only 2 lanes of travel in each direction. God help you if some Speed Limiting Prius is in the hammer lane!

7. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Maybe they will sign a new tax in to build it........and then never actually build it?

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

I5 northbound during tomato harvest. You're boned.

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Where are those flying cars that Popular Science promised us decades ago?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last I checked, air is known to the state of CA to cause cancer.

11. In Your Corner

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Yeah, we'll never see no speed limits but I'd love to see two more lanes on I-5 and 99. We could probably have that already for less $$ than has been spent on the high speed train to nowhere.

ducnut and TurboBlew like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you really want people incapable of driving to be able to take to the air?

speeddaddy likes this.
  14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Flying cars are never going to happen. The Democrats are running in 2020 on banning planes and shutting down the airline industry. You will get a bicycle and you will like it comrade.

SGVRider and Marid2apterbilt like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And not one of those fancy bicycles. The goobermint will start producing Volksbikes for the commoners to use.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Years ago, after the gooberment dropped the 55 mph limit, Montana had unlimited speeds in the outback. I wonder if that's still true?

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Too late for me. :)

18. In Your Corner

More likely I'll be on the waiting list for a bicycle.

19. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

No, MT adopted a speed limit a few years back. On hwy 90 I think its 75 or 80 mph. At the same time they instituted a speed limit. They made drinking while driving illegal. You used to be able to drink a beer while driving..you just couldn't be drunk.

20. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

There will be exceptions. You'll get Al Gore's Gulfstream when you pry it from his cold, dead fingers.