1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 98 Gsxr600 Front Calipers

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by fastedyamaha, Jan 7, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Just need a good set of calipers, don't need any other parts of the system. Have to have 4 pistons, Someone has to have a set laying around on a shelf, right?

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not TL elidgble for Mid Ohio V8 this year.... I will protest...LMAO.... just kidding... hey the NISSIN’s from the 955 Triumphs ar direct bolt on’s..... not that I have those or nothing....:eek:

3. fastedyamaha

I’d have to be running nitrous in order to beat mark junge on his 1000 in V8...and even then he’d still lap me...I’m going to Belize with my daughter in July, so no money in the budget to race mid-Ohio this year. Are you running these on your TL or the 6 pots?

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I have a set of Tokico's that were spares for a SV1000. Pretty sure they are the same as GSXR of that time period. Drilled mounting bolts and maybe some pads too.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have 6 Pots on one then the Nissins on the other.... You can tell the difference....I will be at Mid Ohio this year for sure... Been awhile since I have been there so I am just gonna go have fun as fast as I can...

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Different mounting bolts spacing

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Joe

Sent you a PM.

M

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

SV1000's used 310 mm rotors instead of 320's like the GSXRs, but calipers should be the same as 600's from 01 to 03, 750s from 00-03. These are not the later radial brakes. They are 62 mm center to center for the mounting bolt holes. Double checked myself and found this on some west coast guys web page too, Twfracing.com?

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Joe

PM'd again regarding this.

Thanks
    M

10. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

is the OP still looking? I have a set off an 03 gsxr 600. Probably could use a rebuild or at least a great cleaning

11. fastedyamaha

All the ones I saw had “triumph” on the caliper. How did you get rid of that?

12. fastedyamaha

Yes, the ones I was tempted to buy on flea bay just looked like total junk and were outrageously priced for 20 year old parts.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Mine came with the bike... just say NISSIN