1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R - LOW Miles & Excellent Shape

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Stettnichs, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

Parting ways with my 2001 Aprilia RSV Mille 1000 R. Details below:

- Extremely low miles at only 6,XXX
    - Clean and clear title
    - Super clean, never been down
    - "R” version factory upgrades:
    o Ohlins forks
    o Ohlins rear shock
    o Ohlins steering damper/stabilizer
    o Brembo master cylinder
    o Brembo brake calipers
    o OZ Racing wheels
    o Real carbon fiber paneling throughout the bike
    - Retrofit standard Mille subframe and passenger pegs to allow for passenger (both passenger seat and pictured solo seat cowl included)
    - Aprilia Racing “factory upgrade” titanium exhaust can with fiberglass wrap
    - Bar risers for better ergonomics on the street
    - Aprilia Racing tank grip
    - Fender eliminator kit installed
    - LED low-profile turn signals (front and rear)
    - Near-new Michelin tires installed less than 500 miles ago
    - New 520 D.I.D. chain with good sprockets
    - Recent service

Spares/parts included:

- Stock exhaust can
    - Original clip-on bars
    - Factory Aprilia storage cover
    - Battery Tender Jr. to extend battery life

Come check out a unique bike that is becoming increasingly hard to find. One this clean is especially rare. If you are unfamiliar, Aprilia is an Italian brand – known for their strong racing heritage. These 998 cc 60° V-twin Rotax-built motors make gobs of torque and have a super smooth power delivery. Pair that with the fancy suspension components, and you get the power of a liter bike with the "easy to ride" feeling of a smaller machine.

Don’t let the exotic name scare you; a little research will show you these motors are super reliable. In fact, I have a personal friend with over 50,000 miles on this exact same model. All that is required is oil changes and basic tune-ups.

Only asking $5,500. Originally, this bike was $18,500+ back in 2001, and it shows why. Come check it out; I promise you will not be disappointed by this piece of history.

Located in Paullina, IA. May be willing to meet or arrange shipping as necessary. Serious inquiries only.

I only have one good picture right now (taken this fall 2018). I will upload more as I have time. The bike is tucked away in my heated shop right now winterized and under the cover.

Attached Files:

warclok and jasonhise like this.
  2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Man that thing is gorgeous. GLWS.

warclok and Stettnichs like this.
  3. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Weren’t you just in the market to buy one of these a few days ago?

Nice example of a first gen. I’ve got a 2000R that has seen so many track miles. Great bike for almost 20 year old tech.

Stettnichs likes this.
  4. Stettnichs

Thank you for the good words!

You are absolutely correct! I originally bought this Mille (the one I am selling) to convert to a race bike. However, after I saw the thing in person and considering the unmolested condition, I knew I couldn't be the one to chop it up. So far, I've just kept it as a fair-weather street machine. In all reality, though, I took it out less than a half dozen times last summer, so it's really just turned into a garage queen and/or collector's item.

I truly am in the market to race one of these bikes, so I'm looking to part ways with my clean street version and allow someone to enjoy it. Then, I can hopefully pick up a track/race-prepped bike (which doesn't need to be immaculate by any means).

You probably saw I had recently posted in a 2000 Mille "for sale" thread looking to buy essentially the same bike that was sold. If I had lived closer to PA (where that bike was located), I would have picked it up the day I saw the thread was posted. But it was an 18-hour commute one-way, and the seller was not up for shipping the bike, especially with interested buyers local to the area (certainly can't blame him). I was bummed to have missed out on that machine.

All in all, if someone is looking to part ways with their Mille track/race bike and get a clean version to restart the process with, I would certainly be interested in a trade deal!

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

PM'd ya ;)

Stettnichs likes this.
  6. Stettnichs

Just sent my reply!

7. Stettnichs

$5,000 or best offer!

8. Stettnichs

After a recent buyer backed out, this Millie is still up for sale! Someone make an offer!

9. Stettnichs

$4,750 OBO!

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

damn, so tempting. Is this thing listed on the aprilia forum? Seems like the Ape nuts would be all over this.

Stettnichs likes this.
  11. Stettnichs

Thank you for the good words. I've seen a good amount of interest, but nothing overly serious or local yet. I am open to helping arrange shipping, but I also understand the merit to seeing a bike in person as well. I actually thought I had a local buyer last week, but they never came through.

Yes, the bike has recently been posted to the Aprilia forum, Craigslist, and Facebook marketplace. With that said, the temperatures have been in the negatives recently. I think a local buying an Aprilia this time of year in my area is a very expensive version of "wishful thinking."

Cheers! :)

12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

The temperature is always low for used Aprilia sales unfortuntaely.

Stettnichs likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Interested in any trades?

Stettnichs likes this.
  14. Stettnichs

I certainly hope you are wrong there, but only time will tell as it begins to warm up!

15. Stettnichs

I would be open to hearing ideas, but can't say there's a specific trade I have in mind.

16. Scott McDaniel

Scott McDaniel Active Member

I really want this thing but man your far away!!

Stettnichs likes this.
  17. gapman789

Pffttt....why trade? Go buy the damn thing then sell whatever you're wanting to trade.

Better hurry....I may buy it then rub your nose in it someday at Fuel. :p

cpettit and Stettnichs like this.
  18. gapman789

A few more pics would be appreciated.

Stettnichs likes this.
  19. Stettnichs

20. DutchWorksMoto

DutchWorksMoto Well-Known Member

Great deal, the thing is practically brand new. These engines last forever. Someone is going to snatch it up, be patient as Aprilias take time to move.

Stettnichs likes this.