1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Turns out the cop lied in order to get a no knock warrant in Houston where the two homeowners were killed in the shoot out with the officers serving said warrant :mad:

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I committed a crime that led to violent death and injury, what would I be charged with? Seriously, what is the upside of a no knock warrant?

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

shocked...shocked I tell you.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Littering.... and creatin' a nuisance.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Fun, adrenaline rush, for those inclined......I knew many swat guys from many pds, they thrived on the 'action'.
    also, if hi-risk, you get upper hand if shooting starts.

I had one rural swat guy tell me they would shoot dogs in yard w/ suppressed 22, sop, so they not bark and wake the targets.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Not sure what the infatuation with no knocks is in here. The difference between no knock and knock/announce is all of 30 seconds, if that. They're typically more of a p.i.t.a. to get, at least in NJ they were.

Advantages? Depending on type of case, destruction of evidence and/or giving potentially dangerous/violent suspects an opportunity to flee or prepare to fight.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol dude that is horseshit. Someone has been reading too many Clancy novels. A cop can't kick a dog without everyone losing their minds.

cav115 likes this.
  9. SpeedyE

Hi Steel.
    I was told by a SWAT guy I knew pretty well, in conversation that they shoot the streetlights and dogs w/ suppressed 22 before they served meth-related raids in the shitbox rural town. 40-square miles of corn and meth, low-income town. I hope it wasnt true, but I know it was. They were rural, w/ semi-large/financed PD, i got the vibe they operated how they wanted to out there. There guys would get jammed up on various things occasionally....coercine for sex got one guy jailed, another guy shot his wifes bf under strange situation and walked during public outcry, another habitual drunk-driver finally got caught by Troopers and lost his job, etc. I got vibe off them, they did what they wanted. We had bisiness relationship w/ them/pd. They even gave my owners legit PD badges/ID's, before CC was legal here, so they could legally carry guns concealed.

Half our customer base was PD's and cops (i never heard any cop customer ever talked racial/homophobic, except one old timer).....i heard all kinds of things over the years. Some shit that make your hair stand up.

in regard to dogs.....Not local to me, 5-pound dog shot 3x on his own porch....no problem

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I guess anything is possible.

The only guy I know personally who Wears a Ski Mask at Work and Jumps Out of Vans would definitely shoot anyone on his team who shot a dog for barking.

I've shot paper with him. He don't miss.

cav115 and SpeedyE like this.
  11. SpeedyE

:clap::beer::clap:

A swat friend of mine, friend outside of my ex-work, told me the swat commander told them, he loved dogs and the team members could/would easily be replaced if they shot a dog :clap::cool:

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The streetlights and dogs with a .22 is an old IDF/Yamam story. Not saying they dont do it here but its standard practice for Israeli agents operating in Palestinian areas.

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SpeedyE

I dunno. i was just told this in conversation w/ a swat/customer maybe 10 years ago. made me sad.
    I know they dont do it where i live, but the guy who told me was rural dept. i believed him.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Definitely not doubting you. Just confirming that its a thing.

the IDF does it to prevent the dogs from warning their targets.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There are so many other non-lethal ways to deal with a dog. Especially for police who have to account for every bullet. Treats, pole snare, capsicum, blanket, they train for Fido.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Red Green Blue is dead?

auminer likes this.
  18. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

G 97 likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She was there, apparently.
    There is no reason to believe that she wrote anything.
    In any case, it's only a matter of time.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Isn’t actually near. o_O

:crackup: She’s been on borrowed time for a while now.