1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AntiWhite thread.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by deepsxepa, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been around black folks my entire life, never had a clue what racism was until I was a lot older. Every shade of butt white through super dark was just normal.

As for what caused you to have issues, I have no clue but I'd bet there was something specific that instigated it even if you don't remember what it was.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I will agree to disagree and avoid the never ending circle......but as someone who went through to the extreme end of things regarding race,I can't agree that 100% of hatred is bred. For many, I will agree that may be the case,but not all. Sadly it took me too many years to realise I dont hate any race in particular............we all suck equally:D(lame comic relief)!!!! Im just commenting from experiences,good or bad,and don't really want to divulge too much more.Even though it was my past and I cannot change where ive been,I know I just made enemies from talking here.Not looking for the usual bbs peepee match,so please dont take it as such.Thanks.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? I'm saying it's not bred. I think it is learned. Overall though looking more at people who look like those you've known your entire life of however many months or even your first few years isn't racist. Same thing will happen with different body types or hair colors or whatever from what you're used to. Kids notice differences, they can even be shy around those who are different, they can bee leery of those who are different, it's not racist until they're taught to hate them.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Thats my point........I was taught to NOT hate blacks from the get-go. My sisters are all very anti-racist yet I came out polar opposite. Not really sure what would have "instigated" it at this point as stated. IMHO it really is just a character trait some are born with. I get it you feel otherwise and I respect your opinion Sir:flag: discussions on non-motorcycle race relations suck.......im done. Im going back to bike stuff.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Depends on whose funding their research

[​IMG]

XFBO likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D I still think there was something - hell, it could be as simple as not wanting to be like your parents or sisters.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A couple of decades ago, a friend and I decided to go out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon flight on his airplane. We brought along his youngest, who was probably 3 or 4 at the time. I only knew his older brother who was a regular on his 50cc bike in the paddock. I can't remember if it was in the car or the airplane, but the kid pointed at my face and asked his dad what I had on my face. We both wondered what brought that up but his dad explained to him that people came in different shades. Fast-forward maybe a few days, we were talking on the phone and my friend says: "hey, remember when the kid was asking about your face the other day? Well, we talked some more when we got home. He was asking about your goatee." :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Which one are you in the yearbook photo? :)
    :Poke::p

[​IMG]

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So not teaching something = teaching something in your world?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're such an idiot sometimes. :crackup:

The kids are learning through their experiences. They are being taught by the world around them. It's still teaching even if it's not a person doing it...

Fonda Dix likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess I’ve never really thought about it much. Race never seemed to be a point of discussion. At the same time, where I was born and later grew up didn’t offer much diversity. At the same time, I can’t ever remember anybody being actively or outwardly racist. It honestly wasn’t any big deal.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's fun watching you torture the English language into meaning whatever you want it to mean.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ooooohhhhh, swing and a miss, try again!

Teaching/taught. Simple definition. Things that are taught are learned. Freaky chit huh? :crackup: Just because you learn something via one method does not make all other methods of learning non existent...

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IMHO, teaching is activity. Learning can be somewhat passive through repeated exposure. Racism can be learned without active teaching.

G 97 and Bugslayer like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks like that whole Covington fiasco and coming to bite the media in their liberal/biased asses.....and I love it :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...a14d7fec96a_story.html?utm_term=.48f0cfcf442a

Hopefully he'll really have something to smile about soon

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The party of hate and their media love it when teens are bullied by creepy old habitual liars. As long as those teens are white Christian males.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lucky. I was introduced to racism as a child from the first day of school.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That sucks. It didn't happen to me until later on. The first school dance. That was the tragic day I learned I was white.