1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The don't forget Supercross Tonight thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Feb 16, 2019.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Tonight )8:30 Round 7 Arlington Texas :Pop:
    Somebody pick the winners!

2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

dean o or kenny or 25 or 3

AC for 250

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yep, watching the Hockey game and DVR the race. That way I can FF through all the fluff and as much of Shoutheen as I can!

4. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Who knows who will win? But, fast qualifier tonight and winner of 3 races this year is Cooper Webb. I have to hold my nose while saying it (I am not a fan) but Webb has to be the favorite. I'll be rooting for Roczen and Tomac, though. And for anyone who is in front of Marvin Musquin. And for the new blood, Savatgy, Hill, and Osborne.

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

it's being DVR'd but my guess so far would be:

Tomac
    Roczen (maybe tonight is his night, he's gotta win one soon but as long as he's in front of Webb I think he'll be fine with his finish)
    Webb
    MM25
    Savatgy
    Osborne top 10, maybe starting well but dropping back

250:
    AF
    cooper
    A-mart
    smith?

6. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn’t eager to be right, but Webb won a squeaker from Roczen. Really close—.02 sec mov. Wow.

7. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Wow indeed
    Webb was so out of shape in that last corner, it seemed impossible for him to win

8. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Webb beyond impressive. Tough one to swallow for Kenny.

Something is wrong with Eli or that bike. This is not the Tomac we should be seeing.

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Webb Wagon. So funny all the butt hurt people that don't like him.

TLR67 likes this.
  10. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I am fricken terrible at predicting these winners. Have a bet with Greg White and he is now clobbering me after last night. Im always one off of positions... I need some luck!

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Daggum that was a good race.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I blew my picks the past two weeks. Anyone catch the 30 second board monster energy girl for the 250sx,was curious who she was.

13. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that enjoyed watching Barcia get punted by Bowers?

Kris87 likes this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nope! My then 3 and 5 year olds tried to say hi to him in the hotel lobby at Indy one year. Didn't ask for anything. Didn't ask him to stop. It was only us, him and his mom. He didn't reply. Didn't wave. Didn't acknowledge them. He blew right by with his mom in tow. His mom saw it, but she only snickered. Not really worried about it, but it showed their true colors.

So, fuck em. :D

TurboBlew, ruckusracing and ajcjr like this.
  15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Short circuit between the ears. Tomac is a head case. They all are to some degree but for whatever reason Eli doesn’t handle pressure well. It’s a shame because when he’s feeling it I don’t think anyone can beat him.

Imnotfast likes this.
  16. swiest152

Not a chance anyone gets close to him. We see what happens when he's on his game and the bike is how he wants it.

I get why everyone wants to talk about Webb, he is impressive right now. I'm too big of an ET fan to think about Webb because we all know what will happen if Eli gets going at the speed he should be.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Wow.... Just watched the 450 race this AM... Saw everything else Sat pm... Go Webb...... Good to see the kid doing well...

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Tomac is a great rider he’s just suited better for outdoors. Webb is doing very good but I’d be surprised if it last. Just like I was when Anderson took it.

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Not sure what's up with Tomac. Did I hear that they had a new bike this year? could be just trying to find new settings.

One thought I have had is that my understanding is that Tomac trails solo, mostly in CO. Probably very good for his cardio and general training regimen, no one accuses him of being out of shape. ever.

BUT I've heard MX/SX racers say that when they are actually at a race against other racers, that extra 5-10% effort/speed that they run changes their setup and they have to adapt and make changes as the season starts because what works for testing and training, doesn't always work at 110% race pace. Setup I think is even more crucial in moto compared to road racing I think.

So just for argument sake, I think that what KTM/Husky does with their riders by making them (Or offering them, I've never heard of many turning it down) to train with Aldon Baker in FL and basically race/ride/train with other competitors on a daily basis would help them figure out their setup quicker and have a better grasp on what works at full on race pace.

You have to figure that between Anderson, Webb, Musquin, and the 250 guys that they have a pretty solid group to test/train/race against on a weekly basis.

I'd love to see how Webb was doing at Bakers prior to the season and if Anderson or MM were the top dog at the track?

20. swiest152

Tomac is in better shape then any of those guys. He's faster then any of those guys. Look at his past results. He's made the other top guys look silly. His mental game is not strong and he must feel good with the bike for us to actually see his real potential and something is off. It's not his fitness.

There is either an injury he's not telling or he's really not jelling with that new Kawasaki 450.