1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

let me just check my crystal ball... nope. but if i could predict how to gain all those motorcycle racing fans, i wouldnt be bullshitting about it on a forum. :crackup:

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:dead:

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Sure, if you get rid of the "cyborgs or somethin'", you'll have a larger group of riders racing at the front. I think a smaller displacement bike class brings more entries. Limited modifications even more entries.
    At Loudon, Middleweight GP is the purse race for LRRS and the featured class for the Loudon Classic. When the purse race was Unlimited GP, there would only be 1-3 Amateurs in the second wave. Now they're a separate race.
    I brought my girlfriend down to Daytona for the 200 and the ROC. At the ROC there was this great race with about 8 riders (Including Jeff and Eric Wood, a rare thing for them to be racing each other.) fighting for the lead, lap after lap.
    In the spring she saw Mat Mladin leading Ben Spies by more than a few seconds, with the third rider a few more seconds behind Spies. She didn't give a rat's ass who the riders were, so can you guess which race she liked better?

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Surprising that no contingency / purse info has been released being it's 4 weeks out now.

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Add Disalvo to the 200

TLR67 likes this.
  6. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for anyone racing this year Daytona is not letting people in on Wednesday gates open on Thursday. Really f'in up our plans had people flying in on Wednesday and now we're scrambleing around for a place to stay

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

He just ate a couple bowls of my chili for good luck.. Anyonerrr here at Tally come help youiirrerrselff

Steady T and ungwaha like this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Hasnt it always been like that...officially? I remember having the sleep in the parking lot by Gate 40 a few times.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Won’t that cause problems when he blows an o-ring on the track? :crackup:

10. mike574

Last 2 years I always got there on Wednesday

11. TurboBlew

and they were selling credentials til 6pm or so?

12. mike574

I think Thursday is going to be a cluster f@$k everyone showing up at once and trying to get situated, not looking forward to it.

13. britx303

Yet,still better than a day at work.................:D

TurboBlew, mike574 and AC1108 like this.
  14. TurboBlew

nobody is ontrack Thursday according to the CCS schedule, just a move in day. Looks like they open the credential office at 7am on the back of the track at gate 70 on thurs.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wednesday is vendor move in day. Thursday is racer move in. Normally it runs smooth so you can get in unload and even get your wheels over to the tire guys by mid afternoon. Don't worry you will be fine

16. I don’t know about that. It will be a total cluster, I think I’ll roll in about noon. Plus that way I don’t have to help setting shit up.

britx303 and AC1108 like this.
  17. Anyone know the scoop on golf carts at Daytona?

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

We borrowed one last year, they let us drive it pretty much everywhere.

As a bonus, it had a flashing yellow light on the roof. We probably could have used that light to take it right down pit road.

19. britx303

I havent been since the 2016 ROC.........i'd be happy as a pig in shit to deal with a cluster fudge,just for the sake of being back. We are half-assed planning on driving down next month.......but too much damned "adult" crap to deal with keeps getting in the way.:(

20. Same here with the adult crap but I’m going to make it work. It will mean either flying in from Asia and heading there from Atl airport instead of heading home or leaving home about 1 or 2 am Thursday morning them be home for Sunday morning. Sacrifice but I’ll make it work.