1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Nadia, you will need something to press out the pin on the spool. Or if you want you can mail the reel to me and I could do it and ship it back.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I was out messing around with some of my gear and it occured to me that I'm gonna have a real hard time getting my normal main-to-leader double Uni knot to pass through the guides on this Duckett. What are you using? FG?

3. Just an FG knot but you really need to practice tying them good. They need to be almost perfect. I lost a monster today with 10# flouro leader, fish ran for the brush. Line broke, looked like it was more sheared but knot didn’t. I was gutted as I was pulling it in for a good 90s as i knew it was big and didn’t want to lose it.

4. Scotty87

Yeah I'm not great at them, but getting better. I'm transitioning all my setups to that knot so I'll just keep practicing.

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Alberto or FG. Both are solid and will slide through the micro guides.

6. I’m heading out in about an hour. Going to be a bit cold

7. Scotty87

Open water? It’s -1 here again.

8. BHP41

Damn!

9. Well I don’t fish on closed water, that’s illegal /-). Low was 44 last night but still cold at 65ish mph.

10. Scotty87

I can’t remember if you’re in Texas or Canadia or whatever. :D

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I cant wait to fish again. I started so late last year, Im excited to see what its like to fish in spawn this year.

12. Georgia, right about midway :). Can eat poutine while shooting guns

13. Sight fishing during the spawn is a blast but I should be cursed for saying this but it almost gets a bit boring when you really find good areas. This is also dependent on how he spawn plays out. Last year we had a bunch of cold fronts come in so fish would come in, go back out, and repeat. Eventually it got to the point they had to all come in so it was absolutely crazy how concentrated it was. I’m going to head down to the pond at the end of the street in a bit, it’s a good quick break and we have some monsters in there.

Funkm05 likes this.
  14. BHP41

InvisX is $10 off at BassPro and Cabelas if anyone needs to re-spool a reel.

15. I’m going to stop at bass pro Sunday on my way to the airport. I’ll be dreaming of fishing while on my way to Brazil. No time to fish there, just a quick wax and I’m outta there :)

16. BHP41

Well, there’s some good B ass to catch down there I hear.

17. Not when you are married and faithful :)

BHP41 likes this.
  18. assjuice cyrus

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

20. assjuice cyrus

:crackup::crackup:

I have a special set of skills. I will find you and I will take you out fishing,where you will be on the water all day and not catch a damn thing...... :crackup::crackup:

P.s. I hate you. :D:D