1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any notes they would care to share? I have never been there and will be going for the MA Twins race in April. Unfortunately no events there before the race weekend.

Thanks!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

16/45 or 44 it's tall down the back straight but seems to work better thru the esses and turn 5.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Bring a generator

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

try to make a straight(modified a bit) line after 1 before esses 5&6

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

be faster than the others

ggunn9, 5axis, Wheel Bearing and 3 others like this.
  6. Gino230

At least you didn't say "more gas, less brake"

Phl218 likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Is Ducote enterd? You’ll be fine

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Is this because Dustin always has enough gas in his bike for the whole field?

notbostrom and Phl218 like this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

If there’s someone right behind you in t7, brake a bit harder.

For t12, wfo over the hill umder the bridge, then block the rear all the way to turn-in

Aside from that, T6 is faster than you think and my top favorite

I will come watch you there

Gino230 likes this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yes! Definitely. Unless you could go down into 12 the old way. I think that the rush/danger trade off is well worth it.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

First turn is a right hander. Last turn is a right hander... since that's about all I ever get to see, that's all I can share about it.

Oh, there is a bridge over the front stretch, which is straight.

cajun636 likes this.
  12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Turn 6 at RA is my favorite turn on any track I've been to. Gino, turn 6 is full tilt. 7 will get ya. Have fun.

cajun636, Gino230 and Phl218 like this.
  13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yep..The old 12 was a balls out turn!5 is fast as hell and has some bumps that can help you lose the front end,so watch that util you get comfortable.
    Turn 6 is fast,but if you fall there,its also a launch ramp to sail your happy ass out to the wood line.
    I personally love 7,a great passing/stuffing zone,but can screw you on the back straight.
    My biggest weak spot was 10a never got the balls to get in there the proper way on the brakes.
    I also loved the old turn 2,it flowed better,and wasn't a bus stop that could get you slammed from behind on entrance.
    Either way,great track,and very fast.

Go get bbq at the hwy 53/atlanta hwy intersection,if you want some good bbq.
    Smoke house BBQ ,nobody asked,but if your at road atlanta,you gotta eat there!
    Exit track to left on 53,turn right onto atlanta hwy,restaurant is on the right .:)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

If you're good on the brakes, you'll do well. If not, you'll be slow AF. Have fun! :D

Phl218 and Gino230 like this.
  15. Gino230

[​IMG]
    I've been watching lots of videos, 5 and 6 look deceptively fast.

That hill going up 1-2 looks completely blind, too.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Save your money and run the WERA rounds there until you’re up to speed.

The track is very fast!

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ditto 10A/10B combination. I've seen some folks fly through there but not me. I always want to late apex 10A and it just work that way (at least for me). 7 is the key to that track, if you can figure it out it pays dividends.

18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

It’s not, on the baby bikes it’s WFO

TurboBlew and Gino230 like this.
  19. Gino230

Screw that, I'm not waiting a year! My goal is to qualify and beat Dustin, so I can become the new Fan Favorite. (And Travis but he's busy with his triathlon shit.) Besides, the MotoAmerica Entry fee is only $250, and includes, entry, parking, and the ability to swagger around taking Facebook selfies with the hashtag "PRO RACER". A relative bargain! (besides, there's no other races until the end of April)

5axis, TX Joose, Monsterdood and 5 others like this.
  20. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

There used to be a good reference point to look at going up the hill. It's a tree top if I recall correctly.

rcarson15 likes this.