1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Green New Deal = Kmer Rouge

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd normally have to ask you who Thanos is but I read all about him on Nerdly McNerd's (Lawndart) blog. You know Dart has an section on fan fiction he wrote. Him versus Venom, him versus Thanos, him getting tied up by Wonder Woman and forced to tell the truth while she talks DC comics to him while throwing pickles at him while rolling around on roller skates. :D

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Except for the fact during the warmest periods in history, much of what is now land was covered in shallow seas, and during the coldest periods in history, lots of area that's under water right now was above.

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I knew I could get someone to take the bait!!! Fish on!!!!
    When exactly was this warmest period in history and what specifically was the population of humans, number of cars on the road, planes in the sky, coal burning power plants, and of course farting cows?
    Climate change is a given. Man made climate change is a lie.
    Folks, science can't even localized make it rain on a drought stricken area. You want me to believe man can manipulate the entire atmosphere one direction or the other?

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

T Rex sowed the seeds of his own destruction with humongous dinosaur flatulence. Everyone knows that.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

T Rex had bigger issues than farting a lot. T Rex can't open a jar of pickles. T Rex can't wipe his own ass. T Rex can't DJ a rave. T Rex can't reach the top shelf where his mom put the good cereal. T Rex can't throw his arms in the air like T Rex just don't care.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Potts N Pans and aaronson like this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Your experiment is broken. I'll leave it up to you to possibly figure out how.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^I knew that this guy would show up! :crackup:

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Take the bait? I did not comment on WHY the climate was warmer or colder, just the temperatures effect on sea level. People are a mosquito on the planet's neck. Nothing. A volcanic eruption will release more CO2 in a single event than all the people, EVER. I know we're not the cause for the shifts in climate. It still doesn't change the fact that sea levels rise and fall with the temp changes.

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How AOC of you.

10. Spang308

I would lay excessive flatulence blame squarely at the feet of the brontosaurus. Everyone knows roughage and fiber contributes to gas more than meat.
    Plus T Rex was cool. Nobody wants a negative image of T Rex.
    :D

11. Spang308

Is your argument against the gas or the volume?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He's just jumping on the Dems for President bandwagon.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Huh?

Like most things anymore, it seems to be hard to find solid evidence because so many sources are clearly biased :(

14. Spang308

You weren't wrong on the gas. Volcano eruptions emit CO2 among many others. The volume of more than any human ever could be argued, but not without knowing the size of eruption that's being debated. If the Yellowstone Supervolcano erupts, your statement may be correct...and a moot point at the same time as we'll all be dead.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The brontosaurus was well known for farting under water and then giggling like a school girl. Aqueous percolation of flatulence probably tends to ameliorate the atmospheric consequences.

16. Spang308

An transcends the test of time. I loved that trick when I was 4. :crackup:

17. Spang308

While we're on the volcano subject, a large volcano eruption is more likely to lower global temperatures due to ash thrown into the atmosphere blocking sunlight. And while we have added sunlight to the discussion, it is the main factor in global temperature change.
    Let's call Al Gore and get instructions and the cost to manipulate the sun and the earth's axis angle. That should be a fun conversation. Wonder what the price tag is?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the mechanics of how volcanoes affect global climate is not CO2 related. I believe it's the particles of ash and dust that block sunlight, actually cooling the planet. It's what caused the Little Ice age 700 years ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-16797075

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dammit. I should have read the rest of the thread before making my last post:crackup:

Spang308 likes this.
  20. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...ld-shrink-livestocks-global-carbon-hoofprint/

It's not even cow farts;

"The problem is the digestive process of cattle and other ruminants, known as enteric fermentation. Microbes in their digestive tracts break down and extract energy from the carbohydrates in fibrous grasses. But the same process also generates hydrogen, which a separate set of microorganisms feed on, producing methane.

About 95% of the gas escapes through the mouth and nostrils, while the rest exits in the other direction."