1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 16, 2018.

1. 1. They are small, almost unnoticeable (some of them hurt my ears after about 30min, these don’t).
    2. They never pause/cut out, even with the iPod in my pocket and on the motorcycle.
    3. They are very secure. Basketball, working the heavy bag, jumping rope, it doesn’t matter. They never come loose or even shake.
    4. Sound quality is amazing, especially after playing with the equalizer app.
    5. Battery lasts a long time, and the cool carrying case holds several hours of charge in it.

Some of those individual characteristics apply to other brands also, but the Jabs are the total package.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Oddly, the skull candy "XT-Free" ones work pretty well for me.
    https://www.skullcandy.com/shop/earbuds/bluetooth-earbuds/xtfree

I also have a pair of corded ones "Smokin Buds" connected to my computer because they had an angled jack and it kept the cord out of the way.
    https://www.skullcandy.com/shop/earbuds/smokin-buds-2

And a pair of the INK'D corded ones with adapters in multiple locations for the iphone. (in home office, downstairs, in car)
    https://www.skullcandy.com/shop/earbuds/inkd-2?optionId=6756

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Foam tips for the 65T

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/jabra-elite65t

4. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Something tells me your family and friends that know you don’t try to wing it with xmas gifts.

Rebel635 likes this.
  5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I don’t celebrate Christmas. And not because I’m a Jew (I’m only a little Jewish).

:D :D :D

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Has anyone used the Airpod Pros under a helmet? My iPhone is such a piece of shit that I'm going to get airpods because trying to be on calls all day with it is too annoying, but I figured I'd pay up for the Pros if they were able to fit under a helmet (can't imagine the originals would fit well under a helmet).

Anyone tried successfully (or unsuccessfully)?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've tried different earbuds under helmets but not the pros. Overall prefer the in helmet speakers.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Which speakers are you using ? The ones on my (antiquated) Scalarider Q3 Pro suck.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue off the top of my head but could be the same ones. They're not great but I'm not looking for high end acoustics on the bike :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. SuddenBraking

I just ordered the pros - will report back on how well they fit/stay put under my helmet.

11. SuddenBraking

Reporting back - the Pros fit fine under my helmet and are absolutely fantastic.

Really pleased with them thus far.

Once a Wanker.. and 03RumbleBee like this.
  12. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Resurrecting this thread. Had the Jabras and they died in a year.

What other bluetoof earbuds should I consider, gents?

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I just got some generic ear hook ones that are identical to the Beats off Amazon for $30 after my $$ Jabras decided to stop charging.
    They work great on longer rides and fit pretty cleanly under my bike helmet.

14. Ducati89

Ah, these would be workout headphones. Should have clarified that before hand.

15. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

My Jabras quit charging. I took a Q-Tip and some alcohol to the contacts in the charger and the buds and all is well.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

/end thread

you can even use them in water.

17. Im trying the Sony WF-1000XM4 right now. I still have both sets of the Jabras, and they still work great. I just wanted to try these Sony ones because I have the same model name earphones (over the ear) and like them a lot, better than the Bose.

The Sony's have better noise-cancelling than the Jabras, and battery life is a little better. But they aren't quite as comfortable.

But one cool little thing is that the earbuds and charging case are magnetized...oppositely. So you just have to get the earbuds somewhere near the charging case, and it will suck them down into place. And because they are oppositely charged, it pushes the wrong one away. So if you try to put the Left one in the Right charging spot, it will push it away.

Not a big deal, but I find that extra little feature pretty cool.

18. Ducati89

It actually sounds like the right side blew out.

19. Ducati89

Interesting. Ill look into the Sonys.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you want amazing noise reduction Apple AirPods. I'm still amazed at how well they work.