1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting Down Your Pet

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by VintageWannabe, Feb 4, 2019.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I locked myself out of my truck when I was fueling this morning and I didn’t even have my dog to blame it on:D

G 97 and ToofPic like this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I was in Birmingham last night and some poor guy next to me at the fuel island was breaking his window to get back in his truck.
    Last time I did that I paid 125$ for a locksmith :(

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

C0A4AEF4-73FD-4C87-9A2D-A90DB921C912.jpeg We dug out the dog’s adoption papers last night. The wife got her in June of 2002 and the vet estimated she was 6-8 months old at the time. We met in fall 2003 and I thought... this chick has a dog I can deal with that. I mean how long can a medium sized dog last anyway?

This is her as of right now. She is my wife’s baby and when the dog has to go (it’s coming sooner than later) she is gonna he a mess. I might even be bummed too. Damn mutt has kind of grown on me.

kangasj and G 97 like this.
  4. ToofPic

:(Poor girl hope she has peace.

cpettit likes this.
  5. cpettit

She’s still good for the moment. Just annoying the shit out of me right now because she won’t quit pacing around the house. I’m trying to take a nap dammit!

ToofPic likes this.
  6. ToofPic

Aaawwww she just want's a hamburger and a hug! :D

cpettit likes this.
  7. cpettit

A5DF462D-0656-43FD-99A0-D8EDBC5312D5.jpeg
    She had to settle for a meatball and a nap by the fire lol

8. David B

David B Member

Can only speak for Christianity, but it doesn't tell anyone what to do. Great misconception there so understandable but in fact doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10 Commandments? :confused:

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

fundamental guidelines or guiding principles as no punishment is specified

11. David B

David B Member

Yes. Guidelines for best living and to Jews a few thousand years before Christ.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I drove my wife around to take care of some of her other dogs and
    this chubby girl fell in love with me.
    We took two dogs outside and all she wanted to do was sit next to me.
    Dogs are great customers to deal with.

lab in love.JPG
    fat labs.JPG

G 97, ToofPic and cpettit like this.
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Why does it look like you’re wearing two left shoes??

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well then someone should have called them the 10 Suggestions.

G 97 and VintageWannabe like this.
  16. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Humans can communicate their pains, animals can't and often hide symptoms from the owners and they suffer with a quality of life they wouldn't have to if they could properly communicate the problems. I had a dog snap a femur in two places and it never winced when you looked at him or touched his leg. Check the cameras when your gone and it was yelling in pain the whole day.

Another thing is cost of care. Some people don't have or want to spend the funds on the animal.

I haven't had a pet in the last few years because I travel too much and don't have an adequate system in place to care for them in my absence. I did grow up with them all my life and I had no issues with putting a pet down myself. My mother would ball her eyes out all day and have to take the animal to the vet and spend thousands trying to save it then eventually put it down. Again, no issues putting a bullet in it's head and burying it. The way I look at it is they live a good life and I could extend it in some cases a few years, maybe. Or I could put the animal down and know it's in a better place and get another. There are always animals needing adoption that may be killed off in the prime of their life. I look at putting down an old/sick pet to adopt one out of a possibly horrible situation as a much better scenario.

And no, I'm not a heartless bastard. I get emotional and cry when losing a pet, I even tear up talking/typing about this stuff; they were a part of my life for years and years. I simply understand it's a part of life and me doing it myself they aren't scared and confused about what's going on. And I remember that I'll be giving a new adopted pet a much better life than a shelter.

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Hebrew translation is the ten words, ten sayings, or the ten matters.

HPPT likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was born with two left feet.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, totally night and day disagree on that one. No misconception from the bible (OT and NT) to the entire church I grew up in and spent many years being taught by.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Punishment doesn't have to be specified. Because I say so is just fine for god to use :crackup: