1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Tahoe vs 2019 Expedition. Which one should I buy.

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Rentals

Depends on buying one. It’s been maintained but it’s also been driven like it was someone else’s car (which it was). Good thing for this class of car is that the people that can afford to rent them are probably mature enough to not be asshats with them.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I have one, customers don't like it. I'd have to upgrade to the Autobiography model which starts at $142,000 for the base model.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Mine. I’ve got a ‘17 Yukon. Already have 40k on it. I bought it used in March with 15k on it. 80 miles/day with work commute.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rental cars show up as rental cars. Uber cars mostly do not as most were private vehicles.

Sent from my smatrfone

5. Would be nice if like on boats, you could get a printout of engine run times. Ie a boat with 100 hours could’ve spent 50 hrs at idle, 25 between 2500-3000rpm, etc etc. mileage on vehicles are not all equal.

Razr likes this.
  6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Ford does this. New fords have it on the dash with the other menus. My 2015 explorer and my 2018 f150 did

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

My ‘11 Durango has an engine hour feature.

8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I think they pretty much all do now. GM started doing it in the early 2000’s. Both my 2005 and my 2015 Silverado have a hour meter.

It should be noted excessive Idle hours is harmful for the engines also, especially on anything with a Hemi in it.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Rental or fleet?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rentals usually show up as rentals, like this CX-9 from enterprise used car sales

Capture3.JPG

11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Just go drive both. The Tahoe chassis feels old, the new (2018+) expedition feels current. Easy choice. The Tahoe/Suburban can't be had with the 6.2 unless you go to big money packages. The 5.3 are complete dogs compared to the stock 3.5L that comes in the expedition. The expedition also has way more interior space, more 3rd row space and more glass so it feels bigger inside as well.

That being said, I'm sure we'll see a IRS Tahoe by 2020 that will have much better interior packaging and materials. Might be worth the wait if you're chevy faithful.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  12. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Our 2018 Tahoe Premier stickered at 73k...but we paid no where NEAR that...there are great deals out there for left over 2018s.

13. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

If you're planning on putting adults in the 3rd row try sitting back there yourself. The independent rear suspension allows a lot more leg room in the Expedition.

14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

We rented an Expedition last year in CO. It hauled all four of us and our gear with ease. Plenty of power, lots of creature comforts, loads of room, etc. Although I could almost see the gas gauge needle move with each passing mile. Plus, it kind of sucked to park in the garage of the condo.

But for an open road vehicle, it’s great IF you really do need all that room.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s been a while since I’ve had car fax

16. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

5.3’s are complete dogs??? Seriously? Not even close to being underpowered, especially the later model 350HP ones. Hell even the early 280horse ones have plenty of power for 99% percent of drivers.

17. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’m a Chevy guy at heart but currently have a Ford in the garage. I have an F150 but looked closely at Yukon XL/Suburban/Expedition Max or the previous gen EL recently due to an expanding family. The interior feels much nicer to me in the Ford at the same price point but what won me over was how nice the SYNC, or whatever it’s called now, just flat out works. The voice recognition is spot on even with the kids jabbering in the back, no problems pairing phones or switching to the wife’s phone to play music...MAJOR PIA in her Pathfinder. Only knock is the “upgraded” Sony stereo is terrible and the built in amp makes upgrading difficult but I think there are much better options since I did mine a few years ago.
    Sitting in a Chevy/GMC always feels like I went through a time warp.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have that 5.3 in my work truck and it’s surprisingly quick.

19. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Relative terms. Complete dog relative to the 3.5TT in the Ford. Adding to that is the throttle pedal calibration that is so progressive the first 15% of pedal travel gives you 5% engine output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

buy a Sequoia.

Canadian Bacon likes this.