1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child Abuse, or She had it coming?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I don't click every link...just BitchPop My Ass...for the RePost.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I don't disarm until bedtime.

G 97 likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you a criminal? ;)

It just seems like overkill, and very stressful.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What's stressful about being armed? And no, not a criminal in the least.

Ian178 likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Firstly, the need to maintain discipline, secondly, the reminder that your home is not safe.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Does your brain turn off when you disarm?
    How is your house less safe if you're armed?

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I get it. The smartest thing would be to carry all the time, but most people feel that their home is their safe haven compared to the outside world so it’s odd to be packing in the house. If I felt the need, I’d be looking at other methods of threat mediation, like moving.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think alot of the stress would come from how you view firearms. If you look at guns as a a tool similar to a pocketknife it should cause no stress at all to have it on you till you head to bed.

brex likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m perfectly comfortable with firearms, but the reality is that they must be respected more than a pocketknife. A pocketknife never fell from my pocket and shot someone (assuming you carry a Sig).

They’re also uncomfortable

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Well seeing as how I also always carry a knife and flashlight, I'd agree with you.

Britt likes this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I live on a couple acres in a ruralish area. Doesn't mean someone couldn't try breaking in at pretty much any time.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You need a better carry gun and holster.

The only time my gun has ever moved from its holster is if I'm crawling around under a vehicle or something, at which time I will disarm. I run a very simple holster with no retention.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If I hadn't lost all of my firearms in a tragic boating accident, there's be a sword, a rifle, a 9MM and a 38 revolver within my reach as I type this. When I used to sit on the shitter prior to that accident, there was another 9MM in reach. When I slept, there was a 38 revolver in reach. In the kitchen, I was pretty much screwed. I would've had to have three steps to get to a firearm.

I should go replace all of those weapons. I didn't find it stressful in the least. I also carry a Leatherman on my belt. It's a tool. Just like a firearm is.

16. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I GOT to hear about this 'tragic boating accident'? Or, maybe not?

17. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I was there. It was horrible. We both had all our firearms on the way to the range across the lake at a friends property when a rouge wave capsized the boat. everyone on board was safe, but all cargo was lost. We did save the boat though..

auminer likes this.
  18. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

See, now he needed a punch in the face.

19. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

So you're a minimalist. Nothing wrong with that.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We've covered this before: Startled awake, dogs barking, it's dark, adrenaline dumps... SOMEONE'S IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!! Do you really want to be fumbling with a safety & racking the slide with shaking hands?

I'd much rather just point & click.

I even went so far as to make sure that the glass my back door is reflective enough to see into the living room fairly well, and exactly what part of my bedroom wall was just sheetrock on the other side & what was the rock face of the mantle.

Point being... I don't have to leave my bedroom to sling lead in your general direction.

Britt likes this.