1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Tahoe vs 2019 Expedition. Which one should I buy.

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Go ahead, ask why every single 5.3 after 2008ish eventually develops DOD issues and wipes out the cam and lifters. But keep talking bullshit...every engine has teething issues, fords working on it and further developing it.

ducnut and 418 like this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It isn’t bullshit when it’s true. But keep on keeping on, superstar.

And you’re gonna come in here claiming “every single ...” while accusing me of talking bullshit? Pure awesome. :crackup:

3. Rebel635

Just pulling your playbook bud. If you couldn’t figure that one out well then....

Oh and since you love putting your foot in your mouth so much, I’m sure you meant bronze valve guides and not brass. You know, since brass is so soft, but you knew that already...

4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

What is the life expectancy of a EcoTurd again?? The 5.3’s are dead reliable and make decent power.

I guess it all depends on how long out of warranty you plan on owning one.

5. Rebel635

Unlike you shit talkers with zero actual factual experience, I bought a 2018 f150 with 2.7 so I plan on finding out.

6. turner38

Good luck with that...

ChemGuy likes this.
  7. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

I may be a little late to the story about what's going on with your GC, can you elaborate a little if you don't mind and also is it a gas or diesel?
    I've been long term 04 limited jeep owner with 0 issues for 200K miles and half of those are towing miles... just curious.

8. turner38

Not seen ANY camshaft failures on Chevrolet stuff, have seen a run of lifters sticking on vehicles with poor service history, cheap oil or a combination of the two. A pretty expensive repair, think the last one was 1280ish to replace all the lifters and theow a oil pump in it at the same time. Bearings, Pistons and everything else looked excellent despite the Truck having 270k miles on it. All of the lifter failures we have seen have been at over 200k miles.

All of the Ecoturd stuff we have replaced has been at less than 125k miles and been replacing the junk because it was unrepairable, several of them were water pump failures that leaked internally and killed it before the driver knew what happened. Two of them just had worn bearings to the point they would not maintain oil pressure at lower RPM. It is still a throwaway even at that point.
    I think the cheapest Bill on the Ford stuff was a little over 6k to put a low mileage used engine in.

If you buy new shit and trade it in before it blows up, you will like the ford crap. If you keep it until you have to replace it yhe GM stuff is a much better choice.

I bought a 6.2 Silverado myself, have seen it get as high as 23mpg on the road and the worst Ive seen was just over 15mpg driving 8 miles back and forth to work. Funny thing, driving it on short short trip to the parts store, to lunch and around the small town our shop is in KILLS the gas mileage as does colder weather. I bet it wouldnt get 10MPG if that was all I used it for.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Correct ... bronze. Mis-type. But you’re still the only shit-talker here. I haven’t claimed every one is a turd. I haven’t made any type of “every single” claim at all. I pointed out there was a reason they moved to those guides versus the standard powdered metal. This isn’t some Ford vs GM fanboy shit. We get paid a lot of money by every US auto-maker (worldwide, actually) to help them figure out their issues and supply them with solutions. My plant is the world’s number one supplier of valve seats & guides. The OP asked for an opinion. The fact is, given the knowledge we have of the issues and lifespans of the engines, there IS a reason that the Management team I work with drives almost all GM’s. Guess what, the lone one that drives a Ford is happy with it. Fuck me, dude. Get over yourself. My apologies. I didn’t realize your Ford-boner was that insatiable that there couldn’t be other, more knowledgeable people in here. I’ll go back to having no clue what I’m talking about. :rolleyes:

10. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

We have had a 2wd Tahoe in the garage for the last 15 years. Solid, comfortable, incredibly reliable, plenty of V8 power for pulling a 6'x12', single axle, enclosed bike trailer. Each one has logged over 20k miles annually loaded down and pulling a trailer.

11. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Wife has a 18 Yukon and loves it. Ride is great and I was shocked how tight the thing turns in parking lots ext. Fords steering didnt seem as tight and I felt like I had to work the wheel when driving. I beleive resale is also better on the GMCs.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Nobody buying 2019 anything gives a shit what's going to happen in 125K miles...

Chris, Phl218 and eggfooyoung like this.
  13. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

totally understand but as far as ergonomics and ride, power etc i have no complaints. My audi was great in the snow , pain in the ass with their electronics and stupid placement of cup holders etc...

14. turner38

Until its time to trade it in...

Looks like a 5year old Chevy with a 100k on it is worth 25-35% more than a similar Ecoturd ford... Assuming the Ford is still in running condition of course.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Chrysler Town & Country / Pacifica
    /thread

It only tows 3k though...shucks

how about an Atlas?

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Dude. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's not a vehicle thread until BigBird makes his presence known!

BigBird and Funkm05 like this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

And that's why I buy used Fords. ;) I'm not payiong for a 10 year old Tahoe @ $15K when I can get a Expediton for $8K. The Chevy ain't twice as good as the Ford.

I actually bought a older Yukon for a tow pig couple months ago but that's not relevant to this discussion. :D

19. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Bullshit.

2016 Honda Fit with a soul-crushing CVT. Go small or go home!

Phl218 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Honda Fit with a manual, at least the first 2 gens were great driving mobiles.