1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Tahoe vs 2019 Expedition. Which one should I buy.

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

i think that Lincoln looks slick.

but i will prolly get a Tahoe for the wife next.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You’re thinking Land Rover. I’m talking Toyota. These fuckers last forever.

MotoGP69 and cav115 like this.
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yep, I had visions of dollars flying. The Toyota is excellent.

4. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Suburban. I know it’s not on the list, but still.

Tahoe/Yukon for sure

5. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

How about something Japanese? I'm done with American vehicles, unless it's a truck, and that's only because its the only option for 3/4 ton on up.

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The Tahoe for sure, the Engine is way, way WAY better than the Ford crap long term.
    The 6.2 is a good piece, great power and good economy. Nothing wrong with the 5.3 either.

7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

We have a 2018 Tahoe Premier...it's pimp. We absolutely love it. I have a Silverado (currently a 2018) for a work truck and enjoy the Tahoe much more. You'd think the cabin would be the same, but it's not. Tows like a champ, comfy for us and 3 dogs.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

NO. They're all built on half ton chassis, with short and long wheelbase options

Tahoe/Yukon - Expedition
    Suburban/Yukon XL - Expedition EL

The Excursion hasn't been available in a decade, and when it was, it was built on a 3/4 ton chassis. You used to be able to buy a 3/4 ton Suburban too but it was killed off years ago.

Whoever said something about the Explorer is wrong as well. It's a car chassis and slots in the midsize range far below the Expedition.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

This is my first dodge, i leased it. Not sure i will be getting another but so far i have no complaints but i get it.

10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Chevys got the asshole lights. That should be a showstopper for everyone but the assholes.

beechkingd likes this.
  11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

It really doesn't matter, you don't feel a difference driving around town. Maybe towing, but then again my 02 suburban 5.3/4sp trans has better low end and towing then any of the new 6sp auto combo's I've ever driven [which is every one they've made so far]

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Huh?

Phl218 likes this.
  13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Kinda hard to complain about cars in warranty. Put 100,000 miles on a vehicle and then you start forming a rational opinion of excellence, or in the case of Chrysler the lack of.

ajcjr likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

He's talking 'bout how the reverse lights come on when you unlock the truck and/or stay on even after you left the truck.

I sometimes like to lock/unlock my truck, while eating lunch and watching thru a window in a crowded parking lot. Its funny.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine with a 17’ Expedition Ecoboost loves it. Power and fuel economy.

16. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

I had one of each for a full week last summer, I had the Expedition 1st, really liked it, a month later I got the Suburban....I wanted the ford back, rode better, nicer interior, way better fuel mileage, Ecoboost is much nicer than the GM 5.3, went out and bought an F150 after my experience.

Rebel635, K51000 and ineedanap like this.
  17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Maybe on certian Chevy models, but the Camaro we rented for vacation, we couldnt sink my phone with Pandora. I think theyre Still pay to play. That was also the way with my 2010 Tahoe. No gps, sirius unless I paid Chevy.

We rented a newer Mustang our previous vacation and the Ford synced right up to my phone with Pandora. There wasnt the “pay twice” gimmick that Chevy seems to play.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I know they stopped making the Excursion forever ago. I honestly didn’t even think they made one to compete with the Burb anymore. I was more pointing out that the Explorer wasn’t a comparison to anything being discussed.

19. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Ecoboost Expedition all the way. I love my Sequoia but since the design is 10+ years old I understand leaving it off of your shopping list.

20. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I live in Metro Detroit. It is like 95% domestic cars around here. Most of my friends and family are affiliated with Ford or GM in one way or another, so it's hard to look outside of the big 2.