1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres the fz 750'S

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by wonderinwhy, Jan 25, 2019.

1. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

More pics, back in the day, i would mail pics. This new-fangled way of communication is new to me.

Attached Files:

2. wonderinwhy

I am also dumping an "92" tdm850, "03" yz450f, and a klx300r that if i remember right is a 2000. There all old bikes, so i figured i would throw them out hear. I kinda remember hearing, a long time ago, that some guys actually tried raceing the tdm 850.

3. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Not a big deal, but those are Spondon rotors and calipers. Actually rare stuff.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Can confirm

5. wonderinwhy

Geezer ! I do hearby bow down before thee. You are good. Check out this picture, its the original purchase receipt. Cost me 695.00 for the spondon calipers& rotors and another 24 bucks for the ferodos. And by the way, i got a set of ferodos still in the package. Alota shit has happened to me since than..o_O.....:bow:

6. wonderinwhy

Did i ever tell ya about the day i invented the stoppie..........by accident. It didnt end the way they do them now.

7. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Why
    Why Geezer? I pointed it out

8. wonderinwhy

Oohhhh geezer, from what i see, not only do you judge one based on the length of his hair in high school, could it be that you might take credit for someone els'es keen eye ? I can blame my brake discrepancies on the four stage5 concussions, but its not lookin so good for yourself

9. wonderinwhy

Thanks SBKBee:bow::beer:

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

If I remember right, the 85 FZ front rotors were turning blue/black on the track, and wera allowed them to be upgraded in production classes.

11. wonderinwhy

Dont remember if the "85" came with the hollow discs, the "86" did. They were turning blue, black, & red. They were also shattering throwing shrapnel & bikes all over the place. That yamaha experiment went real bad.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Well.....interesting turn of events for an FZ750 thread :confused:

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

14. wonderinwhy

Its a little like life its self. The more you look, the more you learn. The more you learn, the more you start wonderin. The more you wonder, the more you look. Its a vicious cycle that will highside ya in a flash. Cleaning up this fz is puttin some strange thoughts in my brain. But i will resist, persevere, and let her go. Im finding all stock/street stuff & a few little spares. From the original purchase receipt & yamaha shop manual to the brake light switches, looks like i got it all. Was going through some raceing notes the other night & ran across a yamaha contingency check stub....got me wondrein again.....:)

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. wonderinwhy

comeing up for air, i took the 86 fz 750 outa hibernation. all that dust on her has me wonderin what the heck i been breathing in the garage for the past 31 years. the oil was alittle thicker than normal but clean and moisture free when drained. all the hydrolic lines were dark but moisture free also when exchanging fluids. inside of fuel tank is beautiful. the outside of the tank has brought back some great memory`s. carbs gave me a woody. im gona go out on a limb and claim to posess the freshest 86 fz 750 out there. i bought it on 3-14-87 to race in 87. i ran the ccs midwest 100 mile endurance series and a superbike class. if i remember right, i ran 2 or 3 races in 88 on it. than things get kinda fuzzy. i took a hard right turn down an isle of mystery. adding up the endurance races, practice, and sprints, my brain ( as battered as it is) agrees with the odometer at 1212 miles. the stock chain can verify that. the fuel pump diaphram was a little stuck. looked beautiful inside. easy fix. gassed her up, pulled choke, & fired her up. second woody. im not gona eaven check the carb synchronization. she is ideling steadily at 1100 rpm, with crisp, fast throttle response. the dunlaps with the 89 production date are a little stiff, i couldnt get them to hook up in the driveway. guess i'll have to wait till all the ice melts. this bike has ( as the geezer pointed out and my receipt confirms) spondon calipers/rotors, ohlins resivor rear shock, watari rearsets, and eribaccie springs up front. only motor mods are for breathing, dynojet kit, kerker full exhaust with one track and one street can, and k&n indivigual filters. i have all original parts that are like new. except plastics. got fresh fiberglass farring & lowers, rest of plastic is in good shape. this bike is tight, without a single leak...so far...kow. 1212 miles, its just broken in. have all original parts minus original headers. she needs some makeup, but if someone that can paint and ride this bike is waiting for someone to take to mongos new bash he has planned for barber later this yr. im not good with pics, dont remember how i posted the other ones. my kid gona come over on sat & help me with them. have spare levers, cables, some tweeked but useable bars. if somebody dont buy this bike its gona cost me alota money to do up in the above king kenny yellow. right now my battered brain is in the 2000-3000 range. let me know what ya all think, and be gentle. one of the symptoms of TBI is wild emotional swings with uncontroled crying for no reason......peace to the geezer.

SpeedyE and pscook like this.
  16. yamageezer

Congrats on getting it running, I bet the sound and smells bought back a flood of memories for you.

17. wonderinwhy

Kinda strange that if you put a machine to sleep the right way, how smooth the awakeing can go. my biggest concern was the petcock, and the diaphrams on the slides. diaphrams were shiney, soft, & supple. petcock mateing rubber was like one would expect, a little hard but otherwise intact. a little yamabond #5 prevented any leakage. now...the memories, thats a different story. that turn i took down the isle of mystery pushed those memories, progressively closer to the surface. the harder my wife pushed me out to the garage, the closer those memories got to the surface. now i know she implemented this plan so she could gripe about all the time i spend in the garage. im not just any idiot. i sware , there were many nights out there when i actually heard the leather calling my name, causing me to think.. WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO !!!. that old bike, along with the Delie Factor, helped me stay married. i met Bob Delie my first yr of raceing, he was 56 and just retired. he always wanted to race but had to raise his kids. i found out last summer that he stoped raceing about seven yrs ago. that wuold have made him 72 or so. im gona pull the Maish Factor. picked up the r6 last week. but the story aint over yet. just as this thread was taken some intristing twists, so has the mystery isle thread. curve are comeing at me as we speak. the memory of " lucifers hammer" thundering down the straight at blackhawk, droppuing gears & bounceing the back tire will get me through to the next phase. anthoneys leathers sent my leathers back couple days ago. no alterations needed. just repairs, cleaning, and conditioning.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. yamageezer

Whatever you do, DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT put race fuel in it. The smell will get into your heart and stomach and before you know it, you'll be back at the track and dragging knee into turn one on the first lap! :eek::eek::eek:

19. sixpeedshft

sixpeedshft New Member

I sent you a pm.

20. wonderinwhy

the PM did not produce a sale. it did however, produce something more valueable. memorys. turns out we raced together way back, only thing is, we didnt know it. (dont worry, it'll make sence when your 60+). he brought the name scott z. scott was the pac-man before there was a pack-man. scott would snap up outa his tuck while the forks were fully bottomed out from brakeing so hard. his knee would fling out like a switch blade opening on the south side of chicago, while jumping to the side of the bike. he threw that bike over so fast and hard....than BAM, he was gone. scott was so agressive to those turns you could taste it your self. i witnessed this hundreds of times, mostly from behind. the few times i finnished in front of scott was because scott was human. he made a few mistakes, if you were close enough you could capitalize on it. but it had to be on the last lap or two, because scott would gather things back up and take the spot back from you if there was time. funny, i cant remember if i took a shit this morning, but i can see scott z ripping through a turn like it happened ten min. ago.........anyway the 86 fz750 is for sale. asking price will be 2700.00. now i gota take some pictures off my phone and post them. they should be hear soon