1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Tahoe vs 2019 Expedition. Which one should I buy.

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I'm tired of our Grand Cherokee being in the shop, so I'm trading it in. I don't know anything about either of these trucks. Is one significantly better than the other?

Needs to be 3 row seating, 4wd, and able to tow my 4k camper. I'm sure either can do that just fine, but is there anything I need to know before I buy one?

Does the beeb have a favorite? :)

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Burb!

3. ineedanap

That's what I said, but my wife shot it down! It's too big. :)

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nahhh.... Best SUV Ever... I wish I never sold mine. Its only 18 Inches longer than a Tahoe!

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Can't speak for the Chevy but I rented an Expedition when I was out west last year and that thing was a bad mofo. Would I want to drive one every day? No thank you sir. But as far as a mile eating SUV it was superb.

And I'm curious...did you mean to say Tahoe vs Explorer? The Expedition is Suburban sized.

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Not compared to a tahoe it isn't. Its like 2ft extra. But of your choices, for sure tahoe.

7. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I've got a Yukon Denali because when I bought mine they didn't make the RST Tahoe. You want the 6.2L.

[​IMG]

cpettit and ineedanap like this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Another vote for a Tahoe.

9. ineedanap

It would be my wife's daily driver. Wound that suck?

I thought the Expedition was the Tahoe competition. See, that's why I asked. haha.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Excursion.

11. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I have an '11 Z71 Burb and I love it. If you need the 3rd row and want to go on a trip with gear, the extra cargo space in the back of the Burb is worth it! With the 3rd row up in the Hoe, there is not really much room in the cargo area for much.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I almost bought a Yukon Denali in October but then I drove a Land Cruiser. Game over.

renegade17 and BigBird like this.
  13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Just wait till the repair$ start...:D

StaccatoFan, DucatiBomber and noles19 like this.
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

For clarification ...
    Tahoe/Yukon - Expedition
    Suburban/Yukon XL - Excursion

That being said, all I can say is this ... I work for a Tier 1 auto supplier that supplies major engine internals to both GM & Ford. We have the inside info on engines and engine issues they’re working through. Every member of the mgmt team here drives a GM. Take from that what you will. I have a ‘17 Yukon and love it.

Phl218 and cav115 like this.
  15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

With the burb you get enough room behind the third row to actually carry shit. Tahoe not so much. Some room but don't over do it at the grocery store.

Funkm05 likes this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Truth. I NEVER have the 3rd row up.

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

No doubt. Ford, witha few exceptions, has struggled in the engine dept for a while.

We had three 2.5 fusions in the last month, sub 100K, with crank gear slipped on crank, resulting in bent valves.

No keyway in crank, gear held in place by two abrasive washers on either side of gear...

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Expedition

But, my brother works for Ford, so A plan with 0% is hard to pass up on personal vehicles.

X plan can be pretty decent on commercial vehicles too.

Of course, dad retired from GM, so I guess I could see me owning a Yukon or Burb.

Dunno. Good luck!

19. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I test drove the Expedition and it had some nice power, i had suburbans for years and when i test drove the 18 i felt it hadnt changed in years. I ended up going with a Durango RT when i handed in my Audi Q7. So far i am happy with the Durango, it rides nice, has nice technology, has the hemi when i need or want to have fun.

SethG likes this.
  20. ineedanap

I am done with FCA...

Chris and bored&stroked like this.