1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is with white folks and blackface?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Feb 6, 2019.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Straight into my veins.

:Pop:

2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

While I agree that dressing in a blackface, w/ someone in a KKK hood (democrats, then and now), is wrong.

But dressing up, idolizing a rapper is also wrong? How's that work, when both are so different?

Or when Ted Danza did blackface while he was dating Whoopie, (yes, it happened, look it up), and that was OK?

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Robert Downey Jnr....

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

No...dating Whoopi was not ok :Puke:

ToofPic, 5axis, K51000 and 2 others like this.
  5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

AND, I want to go on record here, that when I lived in TX. I was always outside when I could be, cycling, running, sailing, swimming, windsurfing, etc.
    So I always had a deep dark tan- never been to a 'salon' either.
    Back before I was married- dated many women of all races (there's only one - human). I went out with several Black woman- had long relationships, etc., and when we'd match up our forearms, the upper/dorsal side anatomically- I WAS DARKER THAN THEM!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does any of that have to do with anything? Are you you're own black friend that keeps you from being racist?

SuddenBraking and Robin172 like this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Really, wtf was up with that?

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you willing to call it a tie?

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I can't figure it out.
    Who the hell would wear that thing?! It's ugly.
    Who would pay that much money for clothes?! I just sit here and think about all the food I could eat for that much.

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Sammy was probably still caught up in the tradition of blackface being required, even if you were black. Have you seen pictures of "Pigmeat" Markem? Flip Wilson? Bessie Smith? Louie Armstrong? How about the 2nd picture on the wiki page? A black man in blackface. Black folks have worn blackface.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Imagine eating while wearing it.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

K51000 likes this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Or, in the case of Tom Hanks, simply standing next to a guy impersonating a 70's Soulster.

If you'd read the header sentence explaining the list, it might come to you.
    Do you even read the shit you post up?
    • Images emerged Wednesday showing University of North Carolina fraternity students in racist blackface and KKK costumes
    • NC Governor Cooper was in another fraternity and did not feature on the pages

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ha ha...NO, not this time. I got caught up in the race to be the first to post it here. I figured I'd give it a Democratic try....you know, like voting on something first, reading it second. :crackup:

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

This whole thread has me like

[​IMG]

ToofPic likes this.
  17. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Full retard in blackface...

cpettit likes this.
  18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Movie still holds up ten years later!

19. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

But the whole blackface, whiteface issue stems from the assumption that it is only WRONG if the race being made fun of is oppressed or not. Perceived or real.

Blackface- wrong
    Native American- wrong

Whiteface- OK

Yellowface- no one cares except for a couple chinese/american groups, and no one listens to them for more than a couple days.

See how that works?

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If you're in the airport in Virginia and you stop for a shoe shine the guy is gonna be like.... "So what we are doing today? Shoes or face?

Not mine but funny nonetheless.

K51000 likes this.