1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Union

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Man, could you be any more clueless? Trump has out maneuvered them at every turn. Pay attention Snacky.
    The true political swamp rats live and die by poll numbers. He has 72 percent approval to build his wall. Watch, they will capitulate and pivot on this. It'll be called a "designated immigration deterent device" or some other stupid shit to save face, but his (read OUR) wall is getting built.
    If they still obstruct, they are going against all the Repubs, which they don't care about, but also 80% of independents and even 30% of their own party. It would be political suicide. Now I've never ever accused a democrat of being smart, but they can't possibly be THAT dumb. Guess we'll see. My advice to them is save face and pass a spending bill with his wall money in it. He's building the thing with or without them and he has the nation's backing. He will leave them twisting in the wind.
    Personally, I hope they fight him on it. The Democratic losses in 2020 will be truly epic. Maybe epic enough to give him back the house and a super majority in the senate. If he spends his last 4 years with a completely unobstructed path in congress, he is going to truly MAGA.
    Your move Nancy!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    borislav, K51000, XFBO and 1 other person like this.
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So, What did "we" learn from 35 days of Gment shutdown?....The world still turns, life still goes on, and nothing much changes even with 25% of the government out....hmmmmm? I say 25% was a good start, 25% more and we would be getting someplace.

K51000 and kangasj like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

BUT, BUT, BUT... what about the guy that hadn't missed a paycheck yet and couldn't feed his chiiiiiiiildren??!!?? WHAT ABOUT THE CHIIIIIILDREN??!!?? (**but only those that are out of the womb.... make that been out of the womb for awhile.)

K51000 and stk0308 like this.
  4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Source for your poll numbers please.
    Got no problem with cutting the shit out of the government. But what we also learned is the TSA and Air Traffic Contolers can shut down a shut down.

All I’m saying is the shutdown was about the wall and Mr Art of the Deal said loud and clear he’d own it, he did get shit for said wall and caved like the little bitch he is and handed his ballls to Nancy.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... you seem to think the wall debate is settled, then. That’s adorable. Let’s just ignore the committee meeting on forming that plan/compromise right now. After all, OMB. He’ll never get anything done on it. That “little bitch” ain’t done dealing yet ...

XFBO, Spang308 and sheepofblue like this.
  6. Spang308

Both CNN AND CBS. Hardly a bastion for right leaning viewers.
    And I said all republicans...let me correct for accuracy. 98%...close enough for the girls I go out with.
    Trust me. Nancy and Chuck are locked in a room right now with tears in their eyes asking, "what are we going to do?" They made this an issue. 5.7 billion in a 4 trillion dollar annual budget is fly shit. They could have passed the bill the house drafted prior to the end of the year and the house flipping to Nancy's control. The senate blocked it. Chucky and Nancy conspired to kick the can down the road and hang the shutdown on Trump. What they underestimated was both his tenacity and the American public's support for the wall. They then miscalculated again and publicly stated they won't negotiate with the government shut down. Open it and negotiations can take place. Trump signs a 3 week stop gap spending measure and opens it back up. The next day Nancy states he's not getting one dollar toward his wall. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE. Now any further shut down is on her and Chuck. He lobbed the ball into her court. She's been trying to hit it back for weeks with nothing but swings and misses.
    Trump doesn't govern by polling numbers because he's not a swamp rat. He just tries to do the right thing. With that said, even if the polling numbers are off by twice the margin of error, he knows he has overwhelming support for the wall. He wants it to go through proper channels (congressional vote), but he has authority and claims to have found enough cash in proverbial sofa cushions to pay for it.
    The irony here is the Dem's cut off their nose to spite their face obstructions will cost them Daca. He put it on the table under negotiations. It won't be if he goes it alone.
    THIS is what winning looks like.

K51000, auminer and kangasj like this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Funny how us "Plebs" can see this but not career politicians...

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Damn straight and I'm not sure they realize it yet. Or if they do they are freaking out.

K51000 and Spang308 like this.
  9. Spang308

All in a days work for Trump. Know how they say the devil's greatest accomplishment was convincing people he didn't exist? Trump did the same with making the Dems think he's stupid. Dude is sharp as a tack. At the very least, he's street smart and a scrapper.
    I am loving the show personally...

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not a done deal so I would not put a W in either column yet. We still have budget, debt ceiling and emergency measures out there.

For me though emergency is the honest method if not the most politically acceptable. I heard this morning 57 buses are coming. That is an invasion and should be met with force (it won't be). That is like an entire town that is lawless and costing honest people a ton.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because someone had a relative in the military they are better? Oh good lord :crackup:

12. auminer

Words mean things. Go back, find your mistake, and try again.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do indeed.

Esteem means respect and admiration. Higher means higher. To you if someone had a family member who was in the service you hold them in higher regard.

Your words...

14. auminer

Keep trying. You'll get it.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

By all means, please explain what I got wrong. Does higher not mean more in this context somehow?

16. auminer

Gold star families > child actors and dropouts.

In my eyes. Call me prejudiced.

It's not rocket surgery.

17. auminer

Granted any one of those is a small segment of the whole, and would be outweighed by what sort of person they were themselves.

Except for child actors, They're all assholes.

Also, anyone who wears the Gold Star Family aspect on their sleeves loses a few points.

All this "" in my eyes"". YMMV

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So I was correct, you do think they are better just because of the actions of a relative.

I go back to my first comment - wow.

19. auminer

It's more a reflection on the other two subsets, but, as usual : You're being obtuse.

It's not acute.

Or right.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're the one trying to hate on those subsets by somehow glorifying another group. Makes no sense. Especially when plenty of people in those subsets also fit in the group you hold in such high esteem for something others did.

My grandfather on dads side was a lifer, moms dad was in during WWII even though he couldn't pass the medical to get shipped overseas, dad was in. There isn't anything remotely in their service that makes me a better or worse person. It makes absolutely no sense.